Nissan Forum banner
41 - 60 of 60 Posts

· CA18DET Wizard
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I actually am going to continue the project with the red car and I've already purchased the silver car's brother which is white, for my girl. I haven't taken delivery of it yet because I have one of my junkyard peeps going to a tow yard today and trying to find another silver one for me. The silver and the white b12 were purchased brand new by a husband and wife duo! the silver one was my co-worker's wife's in which I bought 3 years ago and now he wants me to take the other one. The interior is brown (clean though), but I'll wait to see what he comes up with today. Thanks for checking in "Blu".

Dee

· Registered
71 Posts
Boost, glad you're ok. I read most of your posts, not because I'm a fan of your racing/skills, but because of your passion for your cars... also, because you had a righteous/powerful ride. Can you tell I like "sleepers"?

Don't take what happened lightly. Despite how you rate your driving skills... shit happens in an eyeblink. You can thank God, your seat belt and even your faith if you want. At the speeds you race at, whether in a low populated area or not, no matter how "good" you are, you will never avoid the "last" time racing if you don't cool it. Little old lady, running a stop sign, puddle of oil in the road, shreads from a truck tire... you get the idea. Supposedly, you never "hear" the bullet that gets you.

Pardon me for raining on your parade, but as soon as I read that you have 2 beautiful children... all the hair on my body stood on end(and I have lots of hair, everywhere... one of the joys of getting older;) ). Your life isn't just yours anymore... most of it belongs to your kids, as it should be. Your kids deserve a father to be around... as much as we admire your car, and you obviously have groupies, the people on this forum do not match up to the needs of your children.

So, as a fellow father(I have 3... 1 toddler at home, the twins still in the NICU)--- GET YOUR GONADS OUT OF YOUR CAR AND PUT THEM BACK IN YOUR PANTS.

I know I'll get dissed and flamed for this, but, keep in mind, I like you and respect what you've done for your cars. This isn't about growing up and being mature, it's about priorities. If the unthinkable happens, who's going to be the father to your children?

That all said, keep the peace and build an even better car. Then, take it to a track(well, at least most of the time).

Later,
Mark

P.S. Ask me how I know about the unthinkable.

· CA18DET Wizard
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Hey Mark,

I appreciate your opinions and I most certainly hope no one disses you for being open and candid about what you read. I believe in keeping it real for I'm a bit mature to tell lies especially to people that I don't know, but are very interested in what I post; and besides, I'll be fooling myself anyways.
Don't take what happened lightly.
I don't man! I have a car staring at me everyday that reminds me of what I got away with.
Pardon me for raining on your parade, but as soon as I read that you have 2 beautiful children... all the hair on my body stood on end
And honestly while that car was sliding helplessly across the grass enroute to that pole, they were all I could think about. You see Mark, I'm as dedicated a father as I am dedicated to building cars. I won't label myself as an avid street racer because I don't do it everyday, but when I feel the need for a rush and the opportrunity presents itself and under the most pristine conditions, I'm game. My son adores cars so much, it honestly makes me sick. My daughter could care less about them, but she's very interested in her father's health and she didn't care too much for the injury I got, either.
This isn't about growing up and being mature, it's about priorities.
You've obviously read my posts indepth and I can respect your quote above, but when you get at those high speeds, you become selfish (mentally) because all your thoughts and movements are enveloped in that frontal view as you watch the speedo disappear into the black. So yes you are correct in the fact that it is more about priorities and believe you me, I think I'm as good and dedicated a father as anybody and I do know the difference between right and wrong. The next car that comes out will be a nice car and it will be used on the track because it will feature a better package than the silver one, but that's neither here nor there.
So, as a fellow father(I have 3... 1 toddler at home, the twins still in the NICU
Sorry about the twins man and I hope they get healthy soon and I figure your toddler is around 2ish?
GET YOUR GONADS OUT OF YOUR CAR AND PUT THEM BACK IN YOUR PANTS.
Done;) .
If the unthinkable happens, who's going to be the father to your children?
Can't nobody do it like I do! But honestly, I wouldn't build a car like that for 17year old kid because the way that car increases speeds irresistable yet dangerous and sometimes very unpredictable.
P.S. Ask me how I know about the unthinkable.
This is something i know you wanna share with me and possibly to the rest of the gang so fill me in Mark for I'm all eyes:)

· Registered
71 Posts
Thanks for not getting ticked... because it wasn't the impression I wanted to leave. This was basically a "gut" reaction from me... there is only one thing in life that puts the "fear of God" in me, and that's not being around to help my children grow.

Your stories always pertain the rush of the race, the"walk", but also the caution and the extreme need for care. You get it, I get it, and undoubtly most of the rest of the forum gets it. For those who don't... they're incapable of creating/handling a car like yours, anyway.

My story? Hmmm... it's fairly long and from a long time ago. Let me see if I can provide you with a visual.

Me: on a bike, bystander, pedaling like hell(this is about an accident... it's not necessary to be in a car to get smacked)

Weather: Florida style thunderstorm, sopping roads, low visibility, slicker than goose shit

Time of Day: 1/2 hour before dusk.

Accident: Picture a "T" intersection, top of the T is four lane, other is 2 lane. I'm hauling ass traveling west to east across the top of the T... head down, cussing at the rain, doing about 30 mph(ex tennis player/soccer player, had very strong legs). Drunk student heading from south to north, racing with his friend, blows through stop sign, travelling into the west/east traffic. His car hits the back end of one of those huge 4 x 4 heavy duty Ford/Chevy beasts. Trucks back end slides into my lane... he was the hockey stick, I was the puck. Truck was travelling at least 50 mph, more speed with the rear end swinging around. I had just enough time to pull the front end of the bike off the ground(knew I was screwed... reacted, no time to think). Truck had those nice tarp tie down hooks all along the side of the truck bed... good thing I got the front wheel up, or I would have had my head torn off. As it was, parts of me got caught on the hooks, missed others(I do have 3 kids). Estimated distance travelled while in the air: 150 to 170 ft. Other than part of my shirt, the elastic on my underwear, and my belt(with back loops and pockets attached), I was pure naked.

Never lost conciousness. In fact, I remember the "thud", "flight", and "2 point" landing(I stuck the dismount) very well. I also remember tossing people off of me like flies... they felt like they had no weight or strength(can you tell I was angry?). Somehow, I managed to locomote towards those responsible... was going to kill them, no shit. By this time, people had stopped trying to subdue me. Except, one little nursing student. She was crying and telling me, "you've got to lay down, you're bleeding to death, please, just look... you're hurting yourself even more". She was right, and I laid down in the pouring rain... black, kerosene smelling asphalt, sirens getting closer, and knowing the pain would eventually begin.

I thought it would be shorter to tell, and there is a lot more to it. But, bottom line was this: Someone "racing"/dicking around in poor conditions, mangled an innocent bystander. That is an "unthinkable" event.

Shit happens and sometimes you've got no say in the outcome.

You're alright, Boost. Sometimes, I just get the chills.

Later,
Mark

· CA18DET Wizard
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Damn! Sorry you got played like that man! I figure most of these guys are not parents yet, but the do have parents and loved ones and I'm almost sure that if something happened to them their family would be devastated. I'm my mom's oldest and her only son and she thinks the world of me. Like I stated in my story, my mother's a registered nurse that once pulled shifts in the Ryder Trauma Center of Jackon Memorial Hospital and she had only this to say to me "Son, you know better and you was blessed this time around". She had my car towed because she know how I am about the contents of my vehicles and the fact that I was worried about getting the car to my house while blood was freely flowing. You had every right to be upset because you knew the fools were racing. I was more thankful because I wasn't ticketed, it was dark where I was at, no one else was injured and I made it home in time to see the dolphins lose to the Jets. I took my lesson and vowed to never put myself in that predicament again. I saw that pole and it didn't win. It's cracked all the way to the top. And I guess because all the players were in place to help clear the scene, the trooper mad a very short and to the point report (No blame game). It hurt like hell when it happened though! I got the stitches out yesterday and the sight healed nicely, but my damn is neck is killing me! You know Mark, as I was cutting my son's hair to night and seeing how my daughter likes to watch and taunt him, I know I would rather be no other place than in their lives being the good daddy that I am. So I say to you, continue being the good "Pops" you are to your babies and my best wishes goes out to you, your wife and your kids. Thanks for being a good listener:)

D'angelo

· Former SuperMod
1,600 Posts
This has got to be one of the best threads on this short-lived BB. I thank everyone for their posts, especially Dee and Mark... I know at times it wasn't easy typing what you typed. But I'm glad you did. Thank you... :)

· Registered
129 Posts
Unbelievable stories. Dee and Mark, I want to meet you guys and thank you. Reading this thread has made me take a step back too, even though I'm only 24, single, no kids, life is important. I'm going to drive a lot slower, more respectful. My dad taught me the finer points of driving, but the most important thing he taught me was 2 hands on the wheel, seatbelt on, and just plain old defensive driving. You gotta be careful out there guys and girls.

· Shift_THIS and ZOOM ZOOM
759 Posts
shitty buzz good thing your alright i think some five points may be in order for my 89. how fast were you going when the pole hit you.

· CA18DET Wizard
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
I would be lying if I told you a #, but I got there extremely quick and there was no time time to react when I realized where the car was going. Bought a replacement today (White):( with brown interior; actually, it's the silver car's sibling since they were purchased together. I'm undecided if I should start stripping it or just find another with grey interior. I'll wait to see what my girl says! I was sad when I had the silver car towed to the junkyard tuesday and it was mainly because I had to strip the whole electrical harness, have to wait till they cut the engine out to get the engine's harness which is very important that it be in one piece, I took the suspension, all 4 brake corners and a bunch of other crap (it sucked).

· Registered
1,418 Posts
i gotta give it to you boost boy and your woman too, you could easily think to buy another car besides a nissan but you bought another one and you still keep in mind to not give up and build another beast like you did before. Keep up the good work dee and drive safe.

· Registered
224 Posts
can you guys feel the love here????????? i feel the love. it's grgreat that we all can come together in dee's time of grief and help bring him up. i personally cant wait to see the next b12.

hey dee did you recieve that thing with the stuff and such we talked about

· CA18DET Wizard
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
I'll fill you in on this tomorrow! I got so busy registering and insuring the new car as well as preparing the swap that I haven't had the chance to swing through. Thanks for reminding me and I will go through in the morning!

· NF's Offical Post Whore
5,541 Posts
Another seat belt story, if I can add one. My young next door neighbor (17) was coming home with a bunch of friends around midnight. Since NY state law doesn't allow driving after 9 if you arent 18 he had his buddy drive his car. He tried to make the kid drive slow but his friend wanted to see how fast the 91 Saturn could go. Well they hit a bridge, flipped the car over the rail and landed in a river 10 feet below. Now he's in the hospital recovering from a stroke, broken back and smashed skull. This was with the seatbelt on, so if he hadnt been wearing it I know I would probably be at a funeral this weekend. Good news is he started eating his own food today and can move his upper body.

· CA18DET Wizard
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
41 - 60 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.