Nissan Forum banner
21 - 40 of 60 Posts

· CA18DET Wizard
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Are you down?
I'm game, Mario! Just hit me up when you're ready. I'm on vacation so I'm just chillin' at the crib licking my wound like a true dog! To the rest of the guys on board thanks for your kind words and most definitely, I'll build another and better one "Soon".

· CA18DET Wizard
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Car had the minimum requirements (rarely driven). Medical wise, I'm covered left and right! the car will be picked up from crib tomorrow and I will go out to the junkyard and strip when I feel better. The rims, boost controller, wastegate, radio. turbo timer and ecu comes out before they take it! Bandages off today and I don't look too bad.:)

· Red line chaser
884 Posts
Glad you're OK. Charge it to the game and build a quicker one. Just be careful. Them poles don't lose too often!

· Registered
224 Posts
damn Dee. looking at the pics i thought i was have to build the car in honor of you instead of with you. glad you're ok. everyone is right though the car can be replaced. i think it's time to start on the red one were the silver one left off.

· Moderator/ NPM staff
582 Posts
From one B12'er to another I am very sorry to hear about your car. A lot of hard work down the drain but all you can do is learn from it and become stronger.

On another note, (and this is not to pick on Dee) but whenever we drive like that on the street, we flirt with a huge risk.

We are lucky this time because an innocent bistandard could have easily been killed by this rather irresponsible incident, which has happened here in San Diego many times.

I think this is a reminder to all of us that a the public highway is not the place to be racing at 170mph.

With great power comes even greater responsibility.

Get better soon Dee.

· CA18DET Wizard
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I'll say this and then I'll leave it alone, racing on a public street is risky and dangerous. Racing on a public highway is risky and extremely dangerous because you can gain more mph with less the friction of traffic. In my case, I had a pretty open road, but the only problem was on ramp traffic and people who refuse to ride the lane until it merges (I'm one of the ones that do it). I'm not mad at the lady in the ford, the guy in the ferrari nor myself. I know where to speed and where not to speed and I took a chance, gambled and lost. I preferred to destroy my own car instead of causing a multi-car accident which involves lawsuits, etc, etc. Guys, I'm no kid and I'm pretty mature enough to know right from wrong. I'm the father of two extremely beautiful children and that was all I could think about while approaching that pole. I knew I wasn't going to die because my will superceded the situation I was in. And the fact that there is a higher being who showed me a new light.
On another note, (and this is not to pick on Dee) but whenever we drive like that on the street, we flirt with a huge risk.
Unfortunately "Charles and gang" we all flirt at some time or another, but I figure we can better our chances if we get as far away from civilization as possible and test our machines. Hell, that's what we do this for, to enjoy. The power of my silver B12 was awesome, but when I lost control of it, I felt so helpless. That car is a well built machine and I've seen cars go through less drama and burst into pieces killing people instantly. I'm healing perfectly, but this a message to you all my friends, homies and foes, it's okay to drive your shit like you stole it, but know when to say when, where to do it and wear your fucking seat belt...Excuse my french guys, but a friend and a fellow racer who has probably fooled death more times than any of you, my driving ability with a twist of fate got me out of this "What will help you"?

· Former SuperMod
1,600 Posts
A lesson for all...

Dee, I'm so sorry about your B12. :( But most of all, glad you are alright. You are correct: inanimate objects can be replaced, but humans can not. Best of luck on your recovery.

· CA18DET Wizard
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Dee, I'm so sorry about your B12. But most of all, glad you are alright. You are correct: inanimate objects can be replaced, but humans can not. Best of luck on your recovery.
Thanks Joe........ I appreciate the kind words and motivation given by all of you! When I sit at my computer to burn some time and to talk a little smack, I've realized that I have some really cool peeps in the CYBER world who have hearts and compassion and that alone friends is time well-spent! Like I said, I'm healing perfectly, but everytime I walk outside and see that car, I shiver and give praise to a higher being. After 11/21, I'll start on my Red b12 and try to transfer undamaged components to my woman's new b12 because she wants her car back the way it was. Not an easy task, but not out of reach either.

Dee

21 - 40 of 60 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.