Nissan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· CA18DET Wizard
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Boost_boys B12 sentra-VS-Ferrari Modena-VS-wood pole

It's official guys, that 300+hp sentra that I built for my girfriend has been destroyed. On my way home from my boyz' shop to watch the dolphins play the jets, I saw a sweet pair of tail lights that didn't look like everyday garbage. With it's slick, wide and sophisticated body and judging by it's low stance, I knew it was either a ferrari, Lotus or something in that ball park. So as I got closer, I saw the pony on the back and I knew then what it was and then this guy just took off. Being the guy that I am, I took off with him, caught up to him, got a 3-5 lead on him and next thing you know, some ford aspire cuts across the on-ramp white lines and into my path causing to make some evasive maneuvers to prevent from him hitting anyone. The sentra twist and turned like it was a rear wheel drive car and I thought I had recovered until I ran out of highway and onto the grass and the car just seem to have picked up speed and next thing you, here comes a pole and "Blaaaam". The engine caught fire then burned itself out! The engine tried to come into passenger compartment, but the firewall wouldn't let it. Where did my intercooler go? Folded in half, that's where. Seat belts work guys! All you kids running around either too lazy to put them on or thinking it's cool to drive without them, this is your wake-up call from a friend and a fellow speed demon "Buckle up"!

· CA18DET Wizard
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My Mother works in the medical profession and she explained to me that not too many people that hit poles and trees at the rate of speed you did get to live to talk about it nonethelss walk around at the scene of the accident. I sustained damage to my body, but it was caused by my hands and not the windshield. The car is very replaceable, they stopped making me along time ago (the mold was destroyed upon birth"!

Sincerely,

Dee

· CA18DET Wizard
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Repairable? Hah! Very replaceable though! Intercooler is outta here, turbo I believe is outta here, tranny is outta here, engine is questionable, steering wheel is outta here, wastegate is straight and driver is straight except for some minor damage. I say the little car took a lickin' in the highest regards! Mad props to the b12 family! I've seen some car self destruct when hitting a pole or another car! Lucky me,,,,, To replace this car is nothing but money and time (I have the money, but not the time) in which is so precious nowaday;)

· CA18DET Wizard
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
There is such a thing as something to good to be true and that car was put to it's final test and let's say we won, but not without a lesson learned. I could've easily done more damage to other people's rides, but I was able to navigate the car away from anyone else and take my own punishment. I seriously believe that car (The Silver Ferrari) had them fast and the furious execs in it because I saw them again today (same car) closer to where they were filming (2 miles from my crib) when I went out with my my mom to videotape the scene where it happened (Oh well, wasn't their fault). I will build another one when I heal. I say I should have one constructed by the end of the month. Hopefully the red one! But this one is much easier to build. I'm just going to concentrate on healing! Seat belts, you're dead without them! And when you're dead, then you look cool:(

· CA18DET Wizard
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Are you down?
I'm game, Mario! Just hit me up when you're ready. I'm on vacation so I'm just chillin' at the crib licking my wound like a true dog! To the rest of the guys on board thanks for your kind words and most definitely, I'll build another and better one "Soon".

· CA18DET Wizard
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Car had the minimum requirements (rarely driven). Medical wise, I'm covered left and right! the car will be picked up from crib tomorrow and I will go out to the junkyard and strip when I feel better. The rims, boost controller, wastegate, radio. turbo timer and ecu comes out before they take it! Bandages off today and I don't look too bad.:)

· CA18DET Wizard
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I'll say this and then I'll leave it alone, racing on a public street is risky and dangerous. Racing on a public highway is risky and extremely dangerous because you can gain more mph with less the friction of traffic. In my case, I had a pretty open road, but the only problem was on ramp traffic and people who refuse to ride the lane until it merges (I'm one of the ones that do it). I'm not mad at the lady in the ford, the guy in the ferrari nor myself. I know where to speed and where not to speed and I took a chance, gambled and lost. I preferred to destroy my own car instead of causing a multi-car accident which involves lawsuits, etc, etc. Guys, I'm no kid and I'm pretty mature enough to know right from wrong. I'm the father of two extremely beautiful children and that was all I could think about while approaching that pole. I knew I wasn't going to die because my will superceded the situation I was in. And the fact that there is a higher being who showed me a new light.
On another note, (and this is not to pick on Dee) but whenever we drive like that on the street, we flirt with a huge risk.
Unfortunately "Charles and gang" we all flirt at some time or another, but I figure we can better our chances if we get as far away from civilization as possible and test our machines. Hell, that's what we do this for, to enjoy. The power of my silver B12 was awesome, but when I lost control of it, I felt so helpless. That car is a well built machine and I've seen cars go through less drama and burst into pieces killing people instantly. I'm healing perfectly, but this a message to you all my friends, homies and foes, it's okay to drive your shit like you stole it, but know when to say when, where to do it and wear your fucking seat belt...Excuse my french guys, but a friend and a fellow racer who has probably fooled death more times than any of you, my driving ability with a twist of fate got me out of this "What will help you"?

· CA18DET Wizard
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Dee, I'm so sorry about your B12. But most of all, glad you are alright. You are correct: inanimate objects can be replaced, but humans can not. Best of luck on your recovery.
Thanks Joe........ I appreciate the kind words and motivation given by all of you! When I sit at my computer to burn some time and to talk a little smack, I've realized that I have some really cool peeps in the CYBER world who have hearts and compassion and that alone friends is time well-spent! Like I said, I'm healing perfectly, but everytime I walk outside and see that car, I shiver and give praise to a higher being. After 11/21, I'll start on my Red b12 and try to transfer undamaged components to my woman's new b12 because she wants her car back the way it was. Not an easy task, but not out of reach either.

Dee

· CA18DET Wizard
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I actually am going to continue the project with the red car and I've already purchased the silver car's brother which is white, for my girl. I haven't taken delivery of it yet because I have one of my junkyard peeps going to a tow yard today and trying to find another silver one for me. The silver and the white b12 were purchased brand new by a husband and wife duo! the silver one was my co-worker's wife's in which I bought 3 years ago and now he wants me to take the other one. The interior is brown (clean though), but I'll wait to see what he comes up with today. Thanks for checking in "Blu".

Dee

· CA18DET Wizard
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Hey Mark,

I appreciate your opinions and I most certainly hope no one disses you for being open and candid about what you read. I believe in keeping it real for I'm a bit mature to tell lies especially to people that I don't know, but are very interested in what I post; and besides, I'll be fooling myself anyways.
Don't take what happened lightly.
I don't man! I have a car staring at me everyday that reminds me of what I got away with.
Pardon me for raining on your parade, but as soon as I read that you have 2 beautiful children... all the hair on my body stood on end
And honestly while that car was sliding helplessly across the grass enroute to that pole, they were all I could think about. You see Mark, I'm as dedicated a father as I am dedicated to building cars. I won't label myself as an avid street racer because I don't do it everyday, but when I feel the need for a rush and the opportrunity presents itself and under the most pristine conditions, I'm game. My son adores cars so much, it honestly makes me sick. My daughter could care less about them, but she's very interested in her father's health and she didn't care too much for the injury I got, either.
This isn't about growing up and being mature, it's about priorities.
You've obviously read my posts indepth and I can respect your quote above, but when you get at those high speeds, you become selfish (mentally) because all your thoughts and movements are enveloped in that frontal view as you watch the speedo disappear into the black. So yes you are correct in the fact that it is more about priorities and believe you me, I think I'm as good and dedicated a father as anybody and I do know the difference between right and wrong. The next car that comes out will be a nice car and it will be used on the track because it will feature a better package than the silver one, but that's neither here nor there.
So, as a fellow father(I have 3... 1 toddler at home, the twins still in the NICU
Sorry about the twins man and I hope they get healthy soon and I figure your toddler is around 2ish?
GET YOUR GONADS OUT OF YOUR CAR AND PUT THEM BACK IN YOUR PANTS.
Done;) .
If the unthinkable happens, who's going to be the father to your children?
Can't nobody do it like I do! But honestly, I wouldn't build a car like that for 17year old kid because the way that car increases speeds irresistable yet dangerous and sometimes very unpredictable.
P.S. Ask me how I know about the unthinkable.
This is something i know you wanna share with me and possibly to the rest of the gang so fill me in Mark for I'm all eyes:)

· CA18DET Wizard
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Damn! Sorry you got played like that man! I figure most of these guys are not parents yet, but the do have parents and loved ones and I'm almost sure that if something happened to them their family would be devastated. I'm my mom's oldest and her only son and she thinks the world of me. Like I stated in my story, my mother's a registered nurse that once pulled shifts in the Ryder Trauma Center of Jackon Memorial Hospital and she had only this to say to me "Son, you know better and you was blessed this time around". She had my car towed because she know how I am about the contents of my vehicles and the fact that I was worried about getting the car to my house while blood was freely flowing. You had every right to be upset because you knew the fools were racing. I was more thankful because I wasn't ticketed, it was dark where I was at, no one else was injured and I made it home in time to see the dolphins lose to the Jets. I took my lesson and vowed to never put myself in that predicament again. I saw that pole and it didn't win. It's cracked all the way to the top. And I guess because all the players were in place to help clear the scene, the trooper mad a very short and to the point report (No blame game). It hurt like hell when it happened though! I got the stitches out yesterday and the sight healed nicely, but my damn is neck is killing me! You know Mark, as I was cutting my son's hair to night and seeing how my daughter likes to watch and taunt him, I know I would rather be no other place than in their lives being the good daddy that I am. So I say to you, continue being the good "Pops" you are to your babies and my best wishes goes out to you, your wife and your kids. Thanks for being a good listener:)

D'angelo

· CA18DET Wizard
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
I would be lying if I told you a #, but I got there extremely quick and there was no time time to react when I realized where the car was going. Bought a replacement today (White):( with brown interior; actually, it's the silver car's sibling since they were purchased together. I'm undecided if I should start stripping it or just find another with grey interior. I'll wait to see what my girl says! I was sad when I had the silver car towed to the junkyard tuesday and it was mainly because I had to strip the whole electrical harness, have to wait till they cut the engine out to get the engine's harness which is very important that it be in one piece, I took the suspension, all 4 brake corners and a bunch of other crap (it sucked).

· CA18DET Wizard
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Keep up the good work dee and drive safe.
I will blu and thanks for the positive notes. Pimpin' sentras ain't easy, but if I don't do it, what other pimp will (LOL):D .

· CA18DET Wizard
2,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
I'll fill you in on this tomorrow! I got so busy registering and insuring the new car as well as preparing the swap that I haven't had the chance to swing through. Thanks for reminding me and I will go through in the morning!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.