Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys
just a quick one, i thought i might have a intake leak so i ran a boost leak test. so i blocked the intake pipe just after the POD and connected my compressor to the pipe that normaly runs to the wastegate. When i pressurize the system theres a whooshing sound (like air traveling down a pipe) and then the pressure is gone. i have taken off the intercooler, piping and BOV off n checked them. cant find any leaks. But this isnt right yeh? the intake system should hold the pessure for atleast 20secs yeh? i have spent over 3hours looking for the source of the whooshing noise but cant place it.. if my turbo is screwed can it pass into my exhuast? thanks guys

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,522 Posts
You need to block off both sides of the hot pipe system. Pull off the end that connects to the turbo, then block it; pull off the end that connects to the throttle body, then block it. Keep the intercooler and BOV connected.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Arhh ok... cheers, so does that mean air can escape through the turbo and through the engine? (pass the TB). Also both the hot and cold sides of the intake system should hold a steady pressure right?

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,522 Posts
Yes, the air can escape in those directions. The system between the turbo and the throttle valve is considered the hot pipe system; that's the one to test for pressure leaks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts