Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all

Just purchased a Nissan Xtrail. 2006, 4x4 2.5l, LHD (Canada)

The blower/heater did not work when we bought it, so we took the unit out and replaced the motor (I know this topic has been covered extensively already)

Then we put it back in, we now get heat. So heating works. But the amount the blower is blowing out does not seem right.

It will blow on all settings, 1,2,3,4 .... but the amount of change between them is minimal.

We have taken the resistor out the chain by unplugging it, which then means it only works on setting 4. And at that it blows at the same strength as if the resistor is in the chain.

I would expect the blower to blow my hair back on setting 4 but this doesn't happen.

Any suggestions ?

Cheers, sorry I know this topic has been covered extensively but I hadn't found an issue the same as above.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also, could someone say what the wires at the top of the blower unit are? On the bottom, it looks to me like it is the motor wires and the resistor wires. There are 2 plugging in at the top... what is this ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It maybe feels like something is stopping the air coming through as opposed to the resistor just not working

·
Registered
203 Posts
There is a cabin air filter which may be partially blocked. My X-Trail does not blow a huge amount of air and takes a long time to warm the interior. I put a large piece of cardboard in front of the radiator the other day to see if it helps at all to speed up the process.
If it's really bad the mixing door in the HVAC system may not be functioning properly.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmmm heating wise it warms up quick enough..

It’s the amount of air that comes out as you say !

·
Nissan Enthusiast
3,020 Posts
My guess is that either your new blower motor is quite weak or your ''new'' fan resistor, (or amplifier if you have climate control) is defective. But in my experience either the fan works at full speed like you were expecting or not at all.
Maybe the new blower motor is defective?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts