Nissan Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
that's what i thought at one point, but what else could it be? that's why, another reason i wanted to know how (if ever) i could fix the ones that i got, was to make my troubleshooting easier.
Here's an article on how to repair them. You can choose if you want to go this route or just buy a new resistor pack. Read carefully and do at your own risk.................

VWvortex Forums: DIY: repair blower resistor pack for $1.20.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Switch does not work at all

Previous to tonight, the fan switch would work on settings 1-3 but not 4 (setting 4 sometimes worked but was the same as 3) but tonight it doesn't work at all. The switch sticks sometimes and is difficult to slide, and now it slides with some friction. It seems like it's the switch and not the resistor but what are the thoughts of those out there? Has anyone replaced this switch?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Previous to tonight, the fan switch would work on settings 1-3 but not 4 (setting 4 sometimes worked but was the same as 3) but tonight it doesn't work at all. The switch sticks sometimes and is difficult to slide, and now it slides with some friction. It seems like it's the switch and not the resistor but what are the thoughts of those out there? Has anyone replaced this switch?
Fixed. :fluffy: Since my setting #4 never worked, I figured it was the resistor. So I took it out, and soldered some connections as seen on this website http://xmdtech.com/fanresistor/fanresistor.html. Now it works as well as it did before (still no #4 but I think that's the switch.)

·
Registered
1 Posts
Blower Madness

I have a 93 Sentra. Blower stopped working. My haynes manual does not have an electrical diagram. So checked the speed control and it was almost melted. Replaced the speed control and resister. Blower only works on max position. This problem seems to be the resister, but testing the resistance show 1.1 and .7 ohms. No way to validate connnector numbering to haynes manual, same with slide speed control.
any experience?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Okay guys I know this is an older thread but I am hoping someone can help me. My wife's 92 Sentra fan control switch broke, so I replaced it as I was testing it before I buttoned everything up, where the harness and switch connect melted. I found a harness at the junk yard and soldered it in. My problem now is I have no power to the fan or the switch, I have checked all the fusses I thought would be part of the circuit and they are fine, is there a fuse able link somewhere? I have called Nissan and all they want to do is sell me a new harness and I cannot find a wiring diagram for this circuit. Can someone please give me a hand as to where to go from here other than tearing the complete dash out? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
this is taken from a 93 Service Manual but if you're getting no power at all to the switch nor the motor then I would say it's either fuse (which you checked), fusible link or relay. Not familiar with your specific model but relay and fusible links maybe marked somewhere in the engine bay or someone with same model can chime in.

NO BLOWER MOTOR OPERATION
Check for blown fuse and melted fusible link.
Check for disconnected electrical lead to motor.
Check for defective fan switch
and defective blower motor.
Check for defective resistor and defective
blower relay (if equipped).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks. It wouldn't happen to tell you where the fusible is would it, I've looked every where that I can without pulling the whole dash and can't seem to find it.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
The fusible links would be in the engine bay, either on the positive battery post or very close to it. Were you able to locate or check the relay?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2012 Xterra, 47XXX miles, My ac light only comes on at speed 1. Turns off when I turn the fan on higher. fan still blows strong on the other speeds just rapidly turns my cab into a sauna.

Am I looking at a blower motor resistor issue? I took the resistor out, no signs of burn-ups (heard it doesn't always show)

Help please, summer is coming fast in Texas.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Ancient thread, I know, but relevant to my '94 Sentra. All I had was max speed. Had this issue with too many cars to even count. Ordered new resistor 'pack' on eBay for $12 with free shipping. Today I got it and installed it. It literally took longer to open the box and grab a #2 Phillips screwdriver than to install it. Just like many others posting in this thread have mentioned, be sure to install it before you try it out. It's just above the carpet line behind the glove box and adjacent to the right side kick panel. All is good again with the blower. Now to see about door hinge pins...

·
Registered
2 Posts
'93 Sentra XE owner. I seem to have the opposite problem of most everyone in this thread. My blower only works on speeds 1-3, not 4. I tried swapping out the resistor, since it is easy and cheap, but no improvement. Is it likely the switch itself that is the problem? Or something else entirely? Thanks.

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
9,440 Posts
It should be near the blower fan, under the dash. Manufacturers put them in a place in the blower housing so that the air being blown by the blower fan will cool the resistor.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts