Nissan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i had this problem and didnt know what to think but if your car does this then chances are its the blower resistor. it is located under the passenger side dash next to the blower motor, there are about 4 wires going into it and its a little clip, has 2 phillips screws holding in place. i believe allot of the same year 91-94 nissans have the same setup.the number 4 settin sends the full current to the blower while the resistor regulates the current for lower speeds, dealership cost was 25 after taxes. hope this helps someone. i know it was posted on ser.net i believe but i just wanted to share the info for peeps that search this site

·
Registered
6 Posts
ricerboy17 said:
yes try junkyards
yeah the same happened to my car last week and just went to a local junkyard and took out about 3 of them. so just go to a junkyard and u'll find alot of them.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Redlyne_mr2 said:
Awesome thanks for the tip, my 4th setting doesnt work but soon it will!
i hope you mean it only works on 4? because if it doesnt then you have a diff problem lol.

·
Registered
10 Posts
ricerboy17 said:
i hope you mean it only works on 4? because if it doesnt then you have a diff problem lol.
Dammit I read it wrong. My 4th setting does not work. Any idea what might cause that?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Do any other settings work? Setting four is straight to the blower motor, no dropping resistors. Check the fuse first if none of the settings work.

·
Registered
10 Posts
94econobox said:
Do any other settings work? Setting four is straight to the blower motor, no dropping resistors. Check the fuse first if none of the settings work.
Yeah all the other settings work. Good it be a switch issue?

·
Registered
114 Posts
That's interesting. There is one wire from the fan switch which goes directly to the blower motor and circumvents the resistor. If all your other settings work, that means this wire is broken somewhere. Check its connection from the fan switch to the motor using a multimeter. If you can't locate the break, you could install a new wire from the switch (position 4) to the motor and then tuck it up into the dash, nice and neat. PM me if you have any more specific questions.

·
**best avatar award**
2,596 Posts
Redlyne_mr2 said:
Yeah all the other settings work. Good it be a switch issue?
most likely something wrong with the switch.

as for this thread: i think this is the most helpfull type-r ever. excellent picture. :thumbup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts