Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '96 Sentra and the blower's only blowing on 4 now. Do I need to just replace the resistor module, and does anyone know if that's located under the dash on this model, or do I have to replace the blower motor resistor module too?

·
Nissan Technician
118 Posts
You're confusing me with all the module talk. Just tell the parts counterman "blower motor resistor" and be on your way.

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
2006 Pathfinder LE, 2003 Frontier SVE
9,916 Posts
Replace blower motor resistor, P/N: 27150-2M105, available from your dealer. It's under the right side of the dash held in with two screws.

·
Registered
6 Posts
if it only works on high it wont be the blower motor resistor. its in the dash controls it's self. if it wasnt blowing at all i would say yea try the resistor b4 getting a new blower motor

·
NF Mod/Nissan Master Tech
2006 Pathfinder LE, 2003 Frontier SVE
9,916 Posts
if it only works on high it wont be the blower motor resistor. its in the dash controls it's self. if it wasnt blowing at all i would say yea try the resistor b4 getting a new blower motor
If it only works on high speed, it is almost always the blower motor resistor. The only question is it "only" the resistor or is the blower motor drawing too much amperage and causing the resistor to fail.

·
Registered
6 Posts
very true. i have also seen where the relay is stuck in the open position causing a constent draw. end result a blown resistor or motor. but i have also diag'd and it wasnt the resistor or the motor but the climate control panel it's self. start small and work ur way up is the best advice. get a good power probe if you want to diag it urself

·
Registered
2 Posts
Judging from this thread... if you blower doesn't come on intermittenly, then I should replace the blower motor resistor? All the lights come on.. the AC kicks in, but no air from the the blower. This happens intermittenly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts