Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I've just replaced the blower motor and resistor on my newly purchased xtrail T30, I've had the whole unit in and out numerous times now, ensuring the top and side intake/outlet routes are lined up ok. The unit is sealed, but once is all back together, the fan spins really well but airflow is shocking. The only obvious thing I can see is there is no filter, would this affect the airflow??

·
Sup Mod keeping the peace
6,114 Posts
State the year, model, automatic or manual AC/heating system. The diagnostic procedures vary between the two types. The first thing to check is the operation of the input door motor that's on the air box. For you to perform the various diagnostic/repair procedures, you should download a copy of the FSM for your vehicle from this site:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cheers mate.
It's the 2007 xtrail t30, it has air con.
I bought a brand new motor and resistor.
I've added an air filter today and airflow is still poor. The fan sounds like it's spinning at full bore but there isn't the airflow to accompany this

·
Nissan Enthusiast
2,857 Posts
Cabin air filter will not increase air flow. My guess is that the new motor is weaker than the original Nissan one. That was the impression I had when I changed mine with a new aftermarket one, but it works fine and is quieter so I cannot say for sure. Blocked blend door? Is it possible you did not properly tighten the blower cage so its not spinning as it should. If yours has climate control the system is capable of running a diagnostic. The procedure is in the service manual.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Diagnostics seem to show no issues, my guess then would be a poor quality motor. My issue with this tho is that the fan noise sounds like a lot of air is moving

·
Nissan Enthusiast
2,857 Posts
What type of motor did you get, and did you do the replacement yourself? I bought one off Amazon that was the same as was featured in a how to replacement video on Youtube. Works fine and it is very quiet..

·
Nissan Enthusiast
2,857 Posts
Well you are a champ if you found it easy first time doing it. This is the one I bought.

Obviously not available at the moment, but I have been pleased with it. It is very quiet. I did note that in some reviews of this and other motors people sometimes complain they are noisy. I am not sure if some are defective or badly installed. Bit of a pain to take it all apart to check. You have my sympathies.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Cheers dude, well when I say easy, it was straight forward, the theory is easy. The amount of force required to get the old motor out, well...let's just say I skipped arms, back and shoulders day for that week 😂😂😂

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
About this Discussion
9 Replies
3 Participants
Lee.gathercole
Nissan Forum
Nissan Forums is the go to place to talk about your favorite Nissan model, including the Rogue, Maxima, Altima and even sports cars like the 370Z and 200SX.
Full Forum Listing