Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok , so last night as I walked into the house I noticed my dad's mini van was plugged in and I thought ot myself "wouldnt it b nice ...". So this is def an odd question ... can u get a block heater in a B14 ? I am going to b moving rather far north in a few months and in the MD "cold" weather my car is piss poor @ starting . I dont even know if its possible ... just a thought tho
:cheers:
-Pete-

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
lol yea..............*4 last night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! holy crap
but i have seen some where, it might have been JCW or SUMMIT, it looked like one of those heating pads for your back that you pluge in. but you need to lay it on top of the engine? idk but i did see it. i would venture to say look in mags for old carb'd engines............talk about piss poor cold starting!
Side bar: how was JC today? heard they had no power. :thumbup:

·
Registered
429 Posts
How far north you moving? The windchill here in MA was -17* this morning and damn, that was not one happy 200. IT was all *groan**Click**groan*.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
he's moving to canada at some point

·
Registered
156 Posts
You can get block heaters for any car. Its definately a good idea for anytime below 20. I have a block heater for my bronco, and got one of those magnetic heaters for the oil pan on my subaru. Then again I used to drive my nissan every winter down to 30 - 40 below zero, always started.
Be kind to the environment and your engine and get one. The silicone heating pads for the oil pan are only $20. Block heater is best though.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1.6pete said:
Side bar: how was JC today? heard they had no power. :thumbup:
yah , I loved driving my car (empty tank of gas) to exams , then having mrs gothier tell me to go home for 2 hrs ... love it so much ! i ended up just getting gas and going home for a bit

ok , so back on topic about a block heater , how much would it b 2 buy and get installed ? Is it an easy instal that I could do myself? How much am I looking at for a good one ? Is there and way to hide the tacky chord in the engine bay ? i dont wanna b driving down the road with a plug haning out...

·
Registered
156 Posts
Typically a shop charges right around $100 for the heater & installation.
You can just buy the heater for cheap if you want to install it yourself.
You don't have to see the cord, most people will have just the plug sticking out over the bumper. If I were you I'd just ziptie it up underneath.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts