Nissan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am working with several local car clubs to organise a track day/weekend at Blackhawk Farms raceway on the WI, IL border for the weekend of June 25-26.

Address of the track:
Blackhawk Farms Inc.
PO Box 347 Rockton, IL 61072
15538 Prairie Rd, South Beloit,IL 61080

www.blackhawkfarms.com

The event details are not hammered out yet.
I will post up furthuer information as to cost and safety requirements, etc. As it becomes available to me.
Wanted to post this up so people could start thinking about joining the fun and plan ahead.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I recently had this forwarded to me.

"I only have 1 weekend open Sept 10,11. June 25,26 is being used by NASA Pro Racing. We have week days available. I really would need to speak to you to give you more details. Cindy, "

The guys i'm working with are now considering a late summer weekday. I'll post up more info as I get it.
However I do know that standard SCCA safty requirements would have to be met for vehicles being raced.

·
Registered
169 Posts
cheezmonta said:
I recently had this forwarded to me.

"I only have 1 weekend open Sept 10,11. June 25,26 is being used by NASA Pro Racing. We have week days available. I really would need to speak to you to give you more details. Cindy, "

The guys i'm working with are now considering a late summer weekday. I'll post up more info as I get it.
However I do know that standard SCCA safty requirements would have to be met for vehicles being raced.
Wow, that's great! I would definitely come out to run the 109 on a road course! *IF* you are willing to open it up to other classes, I'm pretty sure I could advertise this to the various 4cyl racers at LGR, Slinger, Rockford, Illiana and get a few more drivers to come out. They would be running pure stock/BIC rules, but the cars are safe for short tracks, shouldn't be a problem for SCCA, I would imagine.

The really cool thing about that is most of the pure stock/4cyl classes end racing on Labor Day weekend, so this would be another excuse to get the cars out.

Regards,
Michael

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sounds good to me.
I'm pushing for an open track day where anyone can run. No other real restrictions.
The SCCA rules are just a guidline to go by. I'm sure it will be a much more lax when it comes to restrictions. Fine example would be my car. I do not wish to install a rollbar for the class I'd probably end up falling into once I start tinkering with the car. So time will tell :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts