Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I turn the ignition and its cranking...still doesnt run...black smoke comes out of my exhaust... also a little smoke comes out of the turbo side...i believe its from the unplugged AIV hole...I plugged it up and it smokes a little(or is it just grease and oil burning off the engine?)

And can I fix it without having to take the engine apart?

Thanks

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lshadoff said:
It is running very rich. This could be due to bad injectors or injector O-rings or a MAF problem.

Lew
what would be some good injectors to get?

Should I just get stock or would it be best to upgrade..to maybe 550cc or even higher?

What would be best for the stock performance...I'm thinking about pushing the PSI to about 10 or 11psi daily...what would be a good size?

BY that way Thank you...

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
What ECU are you running?

You can't just put in injectors which flow more, the ECU doesn't know they are there, and the engine will run very rich. To accommodate bigger injectors, the ECU needs to be reprogrammed.

Besides, you don't know if the problem is due to the MAF.

DET injectors are good for about 10#.

Lew

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lshadoff said:
What ECU are you running?

You can't just put in injectors which flow more, the ECU doesn't know they are there, and the engine will run very rich. To accommodate bigger injectors, the ECU needs to be reprogrammed.

Besides, you don't know if the problem is due to the MAF.

DET injectors are good for about 10#.

Lew
Well the ECU is stock...maybe that injectors are already upgraded...maybe that is why it's running rich. But can I check them real quick to see if they are stock and just put them back in or do I have to get new ones once I take them out?

Thanks for the Info...I have learned alot about my car doing this swap but still have alot to go...you can never know too much :thumbup:

How do I know if it's the MAF?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts