Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know why the se-r burns so black out the tailpipe is it just mine possably burning to rick anyone know how to fix this iv seen it on other se-rs to so...

·
Registered
118 Posts
yeah...im thinking that the cars you saw this on just werent maintained very well. mine doesnt send anything funky out the tailpipe.

T

·
0 Posts
Most of the SE-R's I have seen run a little rich and blacken up the bumper some. Especially if you drive the piss out of the car. However, if yours is really excessive you might want to do a good tune up on the car.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah because it all started after i put some fuel system cleaner in and then my dumb *** put in some high octane buster then i really noticed it so im not putting that in anymore and it seems to have lessoned a lot

·
Registered
116 Posts
AltimatSE-R said:
Does anyone know why the se-r burns so black out the tailpipe is it just mine possably burning to rick anyone know how to fix this iv seen it on other se-rs to so...
It's nothing to worry about. You'd rather be running rich than lean! SE-Rs are rich from the factory as a precaution against going boom

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
your ignition may be too weak. The coil may be starting to go, but change the cap, rotor, plugs and wires. Spray Gumout into the throttle body with engine running to clean the plenum and such. Your Cat may be bad also, when they go bad, more junk comes out (carbon). When you run without a Cat, the carbon is much higher, I noticed that.
Chris 92 classic

Use Genuine Nissan cap and rotor! Don't use Bosch or cheapy. They don't use brass contacts and burn up quick.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts