Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
88 e16i 20k on new head. 80 mph suddenly cars behind dissapeared because of smoke. pulled over and oil pouring out of aircleaner housing.put in 2 quarts and started to drive after oil burned off plugs it ran great for about 15 minutes. then poof everything behind me dissapeared in smoke. repeated this sever time over 100 miles until i got home. any ideas, like i said new head, checked pcv and seems ok. 130,000 miles and has been running great. worked on lots of card, but never seen anything like this. comp test dosent show any pressure on 3 or 4 but runs to good to have dropped 2 holes. as well as no coolant loss and none in oil? smoke not comming ouy exhaust. tail pipe clean. running out air intake on aircleaner housing
onto exhaust manifold help!

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
one of the emmision tube coming out the engine valve cover is blocked ... you get a pressurized block.... not good at all ...make sure those 2 cylinders doesnt push air throu it ... if your not getting pressure at the guage you might get some at the valve cover .... you might want to check that too ....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
working on this the other day, I checked tge tubes out of the manifold and they seemed to be clear,coolant level was way low, but none in crakkcase, while doing all this the pressure built up and blew the oil cap off so hard it put a dent in the hood, scared the hell out of me. any other ideas, Im affraid to go near the thing anymore, really starting to confuse me

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
my guess is that your engine block needs overhauling. your compressing in the pan.. rings are shut !...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts