Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...
Just wanted to see who all runs 18-19" rims; and get a little background info like what brand they are, and what kinda low pro tires you liked... Pics would be grand, aswell...
I have Maxxim 187 18" rims w/ Yokohama Parada spec-2 215/35/18 tires.
I LOVE the tires. for one, they are awesome looking, secondly, they handle like a dream...
I have no suspension mods yet, and I need advice...
Lookin forward to replies... keep all the negative ones to yourself... or start a thread called "I cant afford big rims so I b*tch about how they slow you down and look rediculous"
peace

·
Banned
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the key word is (YET)...
by December it will have Air Cylinders (2 switches) front/back
the guy told me side/side will wear the car out and brake stuff, so Im sticking to 2 switches

·
Yellow Submarine
258 Posts
i have 18's quantum tek s-10 with 215-35-18 toyo tires and i have stock suspension but im going to get ground control coilovers

·
Registered
249 Posts

Here's my car on a set of 19's

·
Banned
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Tight...
I saw the other pic of your car on the other thread, and saw that some people were talking shit about it... so, I decided to start this thread just for fans of big rims...
looks good man

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
I posted this on another thread.....

Well check this out a friend of mine has these 18 in Giovannas in Silver

http://www.wheelmax.com/Wheels/Giovanna/mito.gif

and he wanted to trade me for my 17 in. BSAs in Black

http://www.rim1.com/bsa232.htm

Eventhough I would luv to have 18s just so I dont have to drop the car as low and UKNOW they look good. I couldnt do it-I didnt think his plain Silver rims matched up to mine...

WUT DO U GUYZ THINK????

Keep in mind my car is white so I didnt think the silver would work....

·
Banned
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
damn, I like the Giovannas a lot...
They would look great on my car (its silver), but im not too sure about on a white car... White is a weird car color to have when you are rim-shopping...
THAT BRONZE LOOKS TIGHT ON WHITE CARS, and prolly the OPEL color too...
KEEP THE BLACK ONES

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Yeah thats wut I thought--I luv white but when it comes to rims U cant just throw anything on it... If those Giovannas were at least like a GUnmetal--I would do it---But not just plain old silver on that design...... :(

Damn I would have luved sum 18s--every one else can go as fast as they want....

·
Banned
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would never go back to small rims...
Now I just want a bigger car, so I can go more than 18-19"

·
Registered
722 Posts
I'm considering 18's but i wonder what would the ride be like, how much it would bottom out and the rubbing issue with sportlines with all the tricks to get more travel (shortened struts, shortened strut mounts, cut snubbers, ect) with between 1-200 lbs of audio equipment in back

·
Registered
722 Posts
oh yeah i forgot to say what rims im considering. I"m stuck between the new tenzo r apex 5's (not even on their site yet, saw them in super street) in silver, tenzo r poke 10's in the darkish silver almost gunmetal color, some Konig Imagines, silver or Opal. which rim and color choice would you think would be best?

·
j-lu
1,237 Posts
I just got my new 17" rims.
They look better that my old 16" and the ride is much better too.
First I was afraid to get rims bigger than 16" and right now I'm very very happy.
Better look better ride

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
Yeah a Sentra has to ride at least on 17s.....oh and superfro your car is white right or am I wrong..

The color of the car is very important when it come to deciding on rims...

·
Registered
722 Posts
Nah mines that torquouise green color. I wouldn't even consider rims smaller than 17 unless they were for track use only. I know this thread makes the "no body kit, 16 inch rims or smaller, hate altezza all about performance" type of people mad. oh yeah off topic but i finally got my exaust fixed today and i'm a mazed. stereo is louder, seems like i got better acceleration but its probally just a placebo affect since my car doesn't sound all wide open anymore but i might have got a few hp back and i hope my gas mileage getts better because ever since this car was mine it seems to suck gas like a v8

·
Registered
228 Posts
Platinum200 said:
Hey guys...
Just wanted to see who all runs 18-19" rims; and get a little background info like what brand they are, and what kinda low pro tires you liked... Pics would be grand, aswell...
I have Maxxim 187 18" rims w/ Yokohama Parada spec-2 215/35/18 tires.
I LOVE the tires. for one, they are awesome looking, secondly, they handle like a dream...
I have no suspension mods yet, and I need advice...
Lookin forward to replies... keep all the negative ones to yourself... or start a thread called "I cant afford big rims so I b*tch about how they slow you down and look rediculous"
peace
The 15"s on my Honda cost close to $1500.00+/-; the
15" Rotas on my Nissan were $900.00+/-, so "can't
afford it" is not an issue. But, as far as slowing you
down, (rotational mass), and looking ridiculous, (no doubt),
well, that's another "story"...:D.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts