Nissan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok sry if this is in wrong forums but im pretty sure its right since its a qeustion about a sr20det

i need to know how much fixing the turbo and auto transmission will cost for this 92 240sx...
WichitaRacing.com Forums

i really want to buy it but i dont wanna spend another 2k to fix it. he said the turbo will cost like 100$ and the trans will be cheap if i keep the bell housing but i still dont know about that.. 100$ sounds really cheap for a turbo and i swore they were alot more.
also would it be better to swap a 5 speed in? like cost wise how much would that be?

·
Admin and Sup Mod keeping the peace
7,666 Posts
A typical Garrett turbo goes for at least $1000 and up. Sounds like you might be getting ripped off; $100 for a piece of junk; might make a good boat anchor.

If you're looking for some serious power from turbo charging, go with a 5-speed conversion. A/Ts are very expensive and they have to be highly modified for high HP.

·
7,666 Posts
IMO, do the 5-speed swap. I think you'll be glad you did. You'll end up with a much cleaner and trouble free setup.

·
7,666 Posts
k but is it worth it for 2k? when it needs new trannie and new turbo?
If you haven't actually looked at the car, putting in an extra $2,000 is questionable. What's the cost of the car as is? You need to find out what's actually wrong with the turbo then call up some shops for prices. There may be other things wrong with the car that may even cost you more to fix such as a blown motor.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
well he wants 2000 for it as is and he keeps saying the turbo will only be like 100$ to fix.. i wanted him to show me proof but he hasnt got back to me yet.. but it dont matter really, im checking out a 95 s14 with a ka24de in it tomorrow and ima buy it unless its all rusted out.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
o and i found a couple of 240sx trannys for sale for around 400$ locally. so im thinking it might not be too bad of a deal.. i can just replace the turbo later..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts