Nissan Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
LUCKY SLIDES 2 2/25/06
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i've got a 1990 nissan sentra ga16i and here lately every time i start it up it starts missing and if i drive it cold its missing constantly when i'm on the gas and is jerking back and forth and i cant seem find out what the problem is the engine only has 116000 miles on it any help is appreciated

·
Registered
3 Posts
sunnydet90 said:
ok i've got a 1990 nissan sentra ga16i and here lately every time i start it up it starts missing and if i drive it cold its missing constantly when i'm on the gas and is jerking back and forth and i cant seem find out what the problem is the engine only has 116000 miles on it any help is appreciated
Try a new fuel filter. Same thing happened to an Isuzu Imark I owned.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Slacky said:
maybe its just cold , my ga16i misfires but as soon as it warms the studder goes away
sounds like what my parent's neon just went thru.. in which case.. they got another car.. kidding hehe

how up to date are you on the maintenance items? plug and wires.. that sorta thing.. whens the last time you had it timed properly? id start with things like this first.. cetch up on your maintenance if your ot already.. if it fixes the problem.. consider yourself warned about lagging on maintenance.. as the results can be much worst at times (think timing belt whoopsee)

·
LUCKY SLIDES 2 2/25/06
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well i went to autocrap and got some new plug wires, air filter, and a fuel filter and now she purrs like a kitten thx for help guys

·
Nissan Junkie
917 Posts
Always start with a good tune up you will be amazed at what a good tune up will do can actually make a non running car run again in some cases. Glad to hear the problem is fixed

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
come to think if it i cant remember when the last time my fuel filter has been changed.... because i myself have neer done it, how hard is it on the b12, on a scale of 1-10 before i make my lazy butt look in the manual sittin right next to me

·
LUCKY SLIDES 2 2/25/06
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Slacky said:
come to think if it i cant remember when the last time my fuel filter has been changed.... because i myself have neer done it, how hard is it on the b12, on a scale of 1-10 before i make my lazy butt look in the manual sittin right next to me
its fairly easy i would say around a 2 or 3 the fuel filter is on the firewall so its easy to get to. the only problem is the hoses are a pain to get off cuz the fuel filter has a lip on each spout but other than that easy change

·
Registered
18 Posts
sunnydet90 said:

Same thing happened to mine, i just got new spark plugs and spark plug wires and it solved the problem

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
i got those duel tip bosch in my car still from when i knew nothing about nissan and ive since read a lot that bosch are terrible for nissan, does this go for the every day pos 1. 6 engine too because i know ngks are highly recogmended for the sr20, so what im gettin at is should i and can i get ngks for my ga16i, would it help much?

·
Ex-mod/nissan guru
2,136 Posts
get ngk next time you change them... it wont ruin you/ car if you keep them a while but performance wise the ngk will be better (perfo=perfo and economy)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts