Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I found a site that makes a BBK for the Sentra's. This are for the people that are looking for more stopping power then the NX2000 Upgrade. I E-mailed them for a price and this is what I got.

The SE-R kits are:

$675 for standard 11" rotor, 4 piston

$775 for HD 11" rotor, 4 piston

$850 for standard 2 piece 11" rotor, 4 piston

$875 for HD 2 piece 11" rotor, 4 piston

$860 for 11.75", standard 4 piston caliper

$975 for 11.75", HD 4 piston caliper

http://www.fastbrakes.com/main.htm

http://www.fastbrakes.com/images/kits/Sentra11.jpg

·
Platinum
462 Posts
interesting...

Add a few more $$$s on the AD22VF upgrade kit and I can get bigger kit? I want to know how good (quality) those are. I've seen the big brake upgrade kit on Mike's SCC Project 200SX SE-R, (that's what I want if I can afford) but I thought that kit was way more expensive than them... Anybody have this kit on the car?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CarbonBlack200 said:
interesting...

Add a few more $$$s on the AD22VF upgrade kit and I can get bigger kit? I want to know how good (quality) those are. I've seen the big brake upgrade kit on Mike's SCC Project 200SX SE-R, (that's what I want if I can afford) but I thought that kit was way more expensive than them... Anybody have this kit on the car?
I don't know about Quality of the system I will E-mail them and Ask them about that. I will get that Kit if I make it to Turbo charging my engine.

·
Banned
162 Posts
We are meeting the PR/Sales guy there on the 11th to test fit and check out the kits for the B14 and B15's. We'll let you guys know whats up.:cool:

·
Platinum
462 Posts
KSipmann said:
We are meeting the PR/Sales guy there on the 11th to test fit and check out the kits for the B14 and B15's. We'll let you guys know whats up.:cool:
That's sounds great. I'm looking forward to see the good results. I was just planning to get my brake system upgraded too.. If I get the good news, I am going to do this set up!!

·
Its a JEEP thing...
388 Posts
sorry, wrong thread..yes, you "should" still be able to use the same master cylinder, you may experience a spongy pedal, but that is why we are going to meet with them

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
The Fastbrakes kit is nearly identical to the SMC brakes used on my 200SX and Classic. Unfortunatly SMC is no longer in business because Steve Christensen went back to work for Nissan Motorsports to help support the upcoming Nismo program.

Mike

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
SE-RMadness said:
Can we use the Same master Cylinder?:confused:

No you need to use the U13 Altima MC, from a 93-97 Altima for those 4 piston bigger brakes.

The piston is 15/16 vs the stock 7/8" which will give you a much firmer pedal with the 4 piston calipers.

Mike

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That is what I tought... My friend told me that we an use the Altama MC... Well, I hope that the testing goes well cause i want them.. And isn't it MUCH cheaper then the SMC version?

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
SE-RMadness said:
I would really love to know how good they are. and is really 4 piston Wilwood Calipers?
They are unbeliveable. At Streets of Willow raceway which is very hard on brakes, my car gets absolutly no fade even with soft, semi-metalic brake pads.

Mike

C

·
0 Posts
I have the Fastbrakes kit on my car... they make a big difference. I think your kits use Dynalite 4 pistons, though. You just have to pay more attention to them because they don't use outer dust boots.

Wouldn't it be cheaper to go to the junkyard and get 4th Gen Maxima calipers/rotors? My stock were 11" rotors... Should be more than enough for your lighter cars. I think most Nissan FWD bolt on without much problems... though I haven't personally done this swap.

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
Chunger said:
I have the Fastbrakes kit on my car... they make a big difference. I think your kits use Dynalite 4 pistons, though. You just have to pay more attention to them because they don't use outer dust boots.

Wouldn't it be cheaper to go to the junkyard and get 4th Gen Maxima calipers/rotors? My stock were 11" rotors... Should be more than enough for your lighter cars. I think most Nissan FWD bolt on without much problems... though I haven't personally done this swap.
Caliper offset and bolt center to center are wrong as is the rotor bolt pattern.

Mike

1 - 20 of 36 Posts