Nissan Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know the temp guage is a POS on the 200sx. So what's a good alternative? I don't want to buy a blitz or a techtom but i want a more accurate reading. Could i replace the stock temp guage with a aftermarket one? Anybody ever done this?

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
Terran200sx said:
I know the temp guage is a POS on the 200sx. So what's a good alternative? I don't want to buy a blitz or a techtom but i want a more accurate reading. Could i replace the stock temp guage with a aftermarket one? Anybody ever done this?
Most people use the Nissport fitting that mounts in line in the radiator hose, it has an 1/8" NPT port for the aftermarket sensor. That is the best way to do it as you cannot remove the factory sensor...

·
Drifting is for amatures
1,578 Posts
yeah, the nissport adapter rocks.. just tie in, and adapt a electric water guage.. should be pretty efficient for ya

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
can i hook it up to the stock guage with just the different sensor?

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
Terran200sx said:
can i hook it up to the stock guage with just the different sensor?
Why would you want to do that? The gauge has no markings to tell you what is what... The Factory sensor must remain in place and the factory gauge sucks pretty bad, I have seen as much as a 35 degree difference in temps with NO CHANGE to the factory gauge....

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well that was the whole question, could i cut out the old guage and stick a better one in it's place? I'm trying to keep my interior uncluttered, i already have 2 more guages and i'm going to have at least 1 more. So i'd hate to have duplicate guages.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i was thinking somthing like this, ignoreing the crappy photoshop job.

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
Terran200sx said:
i was thinking somthing like this, ignoreing the crappy photoshop job.

Actually that is possible, it will require a bit of work but I think it'd be nice and clean. You'l want to take the cluster out so you can see how the wiring on the back of it is, it is a plastic panel with conductors built in so you may have to make a spacer for the gauge. Regardless I think that's a good idea!

·
Registered
65 Posts
if you're still looking for a water temp gauge, I have one for sale :)
It's a AC Autotechnic and it's brand new never used.
pm me if interested :)

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
is there anything similar to the greddy guages that look the same but are in Farenheit? I'm looking at the white face one and i also want to make sure, can i change the bulbs in my dash to green to match the green backlighting on the guage? (and my radio)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts