Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Still moderating..sorta
Joined
·
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a little thing I noticed after autocross yesterday. I didn't put my tire pressure all the way down to stock, I kept all 4 tires at 32psi. WOW what a difference. It understeers a bit when on the gas, neutral drift while coasting in 2nd and 3rd and somewhat scary oversteer with the brakes. If you want more oversteer put the rear up a couple more psi or vice versa. The best part is that this setup is safe to run everyday without worrying about blowouts. If you are going on a long highway trip I would put the pressure down but around the city it's just fine.

BTW this is for cars with stock size tires, and the car will ride just a bit more harsh but you will also have better steering feel.
 
J

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
I've autocrossed before in another FWD car. It was a '94 Saturn SL2 with performance struts, springs, strut-tower brace and performance tires. I can't remember the exact pressure I used in the tires, but I kept the front tires almost at their max pressure limit and the rears were at about stock pressure. This gave me about the same results as you described. I can't wait until I can autocross my Sentra. Not as much power and a worn out suspension, but should be fun (scary?) anyway.

Do you have any suspension modifications? Stiffer/lower springs/dampeners, strut tower brace, performance tires?
 

·
Still moderating..sorta
Joined
·
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nah, my car is completely stock except for cross-drilled rotors and ghetto intake. I usually put the fronts up to 38 and the rears at 35 when racing. Can get a bit slippery in the rear but it also makes the car handle a hell of alot better. Oh yeah the B12s can be pretty good autoX cars. I beat a B13 (owned by fcsmotorsports here on the boards) and had a great time doing it. Mind you I only beat him by 0.011 secs. :rolleyes: :p Sorry Jodie but it's so hard not tell tell everybody. :)
 

·
Icy Hot Stunta
Joined
·
2,366 Posts
RiceBox said:
Just a little thing I noticed after autocross yesterday. I didn't put my tire pressure all the way down to stock, I kept all 4 tires at 32psi. WOW what a difference. It understeers a bit when on the gas, neutral drift while coasting in 2nd and 3rd and somewhat scary oversteer with the brakes. If you want more oversteer put the rear up a couple more psi or vice versa. The best part is that this setup is safe to run everyday without worrying about blowouts. If you are going on a long highway trip I would put the pressure down but around the city it's just fine.

BTW this is for cars with stock size tires, and the car will ride just a bit more harsh but you will also have better steering feel.
What you otta do is read the stuff on supension set up, tire pressures and alignment settings on sentra.net or se-r.net. Your tire pressures are still way to low for autocrossing, you shuld be running more like 40 psi in the front tires.

Mike
 

·
Still moderating..sorta
Joined
·
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Re: Better handling for free!

morepower2 said:


What you otta do is read the stuff on supension set up, tire pressures and alignment settings on sentra.net or se-r.net. Your tire pressures are still way to low for autocrossing, you shuld be running more like 40 psi in the front tires.

Mike

I chalk the tires up and they don't roll on the sidewalls with 38psi. Also my tires are rated to only 35psi so I don't want a blowout.
 

·
Icy Hot Stunta
Joined
·
2,366 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Better handling for free!

RiceBox said:



I chalk the tires up and they don't roll on the sidewalls with 38psi. Also my tires are rated to only 35psi so I don't want a blowout.
Don't worry it won't blow out!

Mike
 

·
Still moderating..sorta
Joined
·
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sentrastud said:
Whats your ghetto intake look like???

-Nick
Inverted the cover on the airbox. It can only be done on the e-series engines. *hangs head in shame*
 

·
Still moderating..sorta
Joined
·
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sentrastud said:
oh yeah, i recall that one.

What are the cross drilled rotors like? Does the car actually stop in a respectable distance with them?

-Nick
Dunno, the car came with them, but I don't think they are any better.
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Top