Nissan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im trying to find ways for a better o-60 without puttin in any mods. will usiong overdive help? or i have an automatic so will going 1st, 2nd, drive help?

·
Registered
28 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I was actually asking randomhero but that's cool. 2WD slow? HAha, try punching it in a 4WD equipped R50. You ain't going anywhere.

If you own anything other than the R51, good chances are, you're out of luck in the speed department.

Try going downhill. Should drop a couple of seconds of the 11.5-second 0-60. But who races this truck anyway?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Oh yeah. What a shame of me to forget the VQ R50. Oops.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ya i have a 97 r50
but it does 0-60 in about 10sec.
faster then my friends f-150...(he has oversized tires)
and i drive my pathy lie a car..i mobb the hell outta it =]

·
3,553 Posts
Definitely turn OD off if you're trying to race it. Self-shifting will get you a little further, I think.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i have turned overdrive off and done self shifting...next time i will time myself see if it makes a differance....and idk if i want bigger tires since it will make it slower

·
Registered
332 Posts
hahahah, you think a R50 is bad. try my WD21 with 33 inch tires. 0-60 is probably 15 seconds.

·
Registered
184 Posts
With a stock '03 4WD Pathy, auto, I get 0-60 in around 8.3 seconds. When I was test-driving SUVs I was actually pretty impressed with the acceleration and power the 3.5L had. It's actually two seconds faster than my last car, granted I doubt an old-man car like a Chev Lumina is meant for racing.

Not that I bought the Pathy to race, but it certainly helps when getting up to speed and/or passing on the highways. Especially in the mountain roads, I hate those single-lane highways clogged up with slow-ass RVs.:loser:

·
Registered
332 Posts
well yeah, your pathy has the VQ motor. The OP had a VG. You've got like..70HP more then he does. and 85 more HP then my pathy

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yea well i love how if i put the pedal on the floor it throws you back in your seat....its a tourqy engine =]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts