Nissan Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
Too many to list
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I've got a 2009 PathFinder (4.0 4WD) at 200K miles with the original Nissan radiator. It busted, and miraculously all of the transmission fluid pushed into the coolant, but no coolant entered the transmission. Is there a good trick to flush it all out?

(I popped the transmission cooling line off of the radiator, ran the engine, and purged all of the trans fluid out. I also dropped the transmission pan. It had about 3 quarts TOTAL in the system, and there was no antifreeze in it at all.)

· Registered
Too many to list
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Alright, I'll pick some up. Nice thing, there is an AutoZone literally across the alley from my office garage. Might have it back on the road tomorrow.

I really dodged a bullet. (-:

· Registered
Too many to list
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Drives perfectly! My PathFinder survived SMOD completely unharmed. ^__^ What incredible luck.

The garden hose did the most to clean it out. I connected the lower hose and left the upper hose off, and I kept the radiator filled with water. It pushed out the top, and also it steam-cleaned some.

The reservoir had been full of transmission fluid. One thing I'm not clear about is where the hose from the BACK of the reservoir leads. I'm guessing it will push its way into the rest of the cooling system. Perhaps I can check the radiator cap once in a while and clean off whatever residue accumulates there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts