Nissan Forum banner

Best Performance mods for the 3.5 Altima

20K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  djliquidice 
#1 ·
I'm in the market for a intake, what is the best value out there? I'm looking for good hp, but no intake is worth $300 any suggestions...Also what are some freebie or homebuilt mods i'm looking to get every drop of power out of this VQ35 without having to turbo or supercharge it
as far as suspension goes i'm definatly going to get the NISMO set up, the car sits higher than it does on the H&Rs, but a more civilized ride, as well as a bit better control over snap-oversteer

#3 ·
Mark said:
but the berk is the best for the price. it should come to about 170 shipped. you also dont have to worry about rain or water or an oiled filter. i highly recomend the Berk. also check out activetuning.com for awesome deals on mods

#10 ·
I would go with the Injen CAI. I have had mine on for about 30+k miles w/ no problems. When I was researching there seem to be alot of people blowing air mass sensors with the AEM. My second upgrade was a pulley and it was a seat of the pants improvement.
I am looking at exhausts now and am torn on the homemade kit or trying out the SE-R cat back. I can get the full SE-R catback for about $200.00. Anyone have any thoughts. I think I could get more power with a home kit but for the price its hard to pass up.

#12 ·
know a someone who works in the parts dept. seems low but i wasn't going to question it. Main thing I am trying to find out is if the se-r exhaust will add any power?

#13 ·
tsr0003 said:
know a someone who works in the parts dept. seems low but i wasn't going to question it. Main thing I am trying to find out is if the se-r exhaust will add any power?
Well, the SE-R does have an extra 10hp over 2005 3.5SE, but I suspect that might be from different ECU programming rather than exhaust changes. I've heard that the SE-R exhaust does sound better though, so maybe it's worth $200 just for that.

#15 ·
Cattman Performance, well known over on maxima.org, is selling off the remaining Place Racing CAI kits for 02+ Altimas. I bought one that's sitting in my garage for 129 plus shipping. These kits use a monster flow foam filter which is a non-oil based filter. The MAF's on these VQ35 engines are known to be problematic with oil based filters and eventually fail prematurely especially if you over-oil the filter and the oil interferes with MAF function. There's a thread over in the group buy section of nissanclub.com if you're interested:

http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=175077

#16 ·
I love my CP-E MAFci system, and it's worth every penny. It is a 3.5" pipe, removing everything stock minus the throttle body and the MAF sensor. Also, it comes with a Piggy Back Fuel Map customizer board, in which you can have two different fuel maps if desired. You can run software on a laptop to tune your machine. It's just amazing.

Here is the video of it in action (60MB Apple Quicktime) - There is NO Street racing involved in this video. It's just DRIVING.
http://www.maaccmd.com/video/cpe_cai.mov

Here is the Dyno run.
http://www.djliquidice.com/video/CPE-CAI_dyno.wmv

Preliminary tests show about ~23WHP gain on a stock 3.5. The company has yet to release price and HP.

#17 ·
Was up DJ, what brings you here from altimas.net?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.