Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just managed my best MPG ever, 20.44
all i did was slow down to 70 and used cruise control as much as possible.
2002 2WD LE ......I never would have thought I'd break the 20 barrier or even 19.5

Have a nice day
Hwystar1

·
Registered
44 Posts
Slow down even more, say 60, and you will get even better mileage.

The best mileage I've seen in our '04 SE 4WD was 22mpg and that was in 4HI, but we we only going 40 due to the weather for the entire days driving.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
any slower on south florida highways and you'll get run over. at 70 i am already the slowest car on the road

have a nice day
hwystar1

·
Registered
19 Posts
I can get about 25 mpg (imperial) at 100 kph with the cruise on. I have seen a high of 28 on a couple of tanks but that is rare.

This is running slightly larger (1" taller) LT rated tires at 40 psi and no odo adjustment.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I can get about 25 mpg (imperial) at 100 kph with the cruise on. I have seen a high of 28 on a couple of tanks but that is rare.
For our American cousins, 25 imperial MPG is just under 21 US MPG.

I'm just back from a camping trip with my '03 Pathy and I logged 20MPG (US) on the highways at 110km/h with cruise. Not much different from my usual 18MPG with a 70/30 hwy/city ratio, but I can't complain. I had two other people, camping gear, bikes, and supplies to last a week; so a solo trip in an empty Pathy probably would have yielded a better result.

On the other side, last weekend I made several trips to the dump, towing loads anywhere from 500 to 1000lbs on the highway in a large utility trailer. My mileage dropped to 15MPG, but the Pathy didn't mind the extra work at all.:D

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have an 02 SE with 146K miles and get the 18/20 range with my best ever on the highway being just under 21 at 70-75 mph.

·
Registered
44 Posts
any slower on south florida highways and you'll get run over. at 70 i am already the slowest car on the road
I hear ya...I lived in Cocoa Beach for 14 months and A1A was bad enough. I made a few trips to Miami on I-95 and 70 might as well be 55, because that what it felt like. No one down there seems to have any patience.

I even rode a motorcycle the whole time I was down there and I avoided I-95 and all other major highways as much as possible. Luckily A1A and US1 or 3 (can't remember) were the only two "fast" roads I used.

I was merely stating that speed is your enemy in your quest for mileage. I wasn't trying to get you hurt or put you in danger, but despite the rising fuel prices and endless complaining...people are driving fast and faster and becoming more and more impatient making horn honking at lights more frequent when the first guy sits and extra second.

We're not drag racing people...however, I always seem to lose the race to the next red light. Oh well...

:givebeer:

·
3,553 Posts
Installing manual locking hubs can increase your mileage also.

·
Registered
165 Posts
so far i have replaced my plugs and wires in the attempt to increase fuel economy. I just checked my codes and while the SEL is not on i have the knock sensor code showing. I managed to find the knock sensor replacement for about 50$ canadian (just havent ordered yet) and am going to check into the pricing. summit racing has the NTK(NGK) o2 sensor for around 55 a piece and i will be replacing the 2 rears at least as well.
lastly need to get the cats checked....that, i fear, will be the pricey one.

currently i believe i am running 12-14mpg

·
Registered
43 Posts
For fuel economy we:

- walk and bicycle whenever possible
- Mobil 1 synthetic motor oil--at 215,000km the '93 3.0 litre engine does not leak one drop of oil
- 4 season M&S Michelin LTX 6-ply tires for wall strength and reduced rolling resistence (In my experience, 99.5% of people who buy AT tires DO NOT NEED THEM!!!)
- tires are filled to 34-36 psi, well beyond what Nissan calls for (27 psi) , and well under the potential full pressure of the tires.
- highway speeds reduced from 110-115km/hr to 95-98km/hr (the ride is much, much quieter) That is a circa 20% reduction in average highway speeds.
- windows closed

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i just could not deal with the slower speeds, i'm back up to pacing traffic at 80 - 85 mph and getting about 18 mpg. i drive about 600 miles a week and lucky for me my company pays for my gas.

have a nice day
hwystar1

·
Registered
43 Posts
And your health insurance? Traffic violations? All covered by the company?

Here's a guess: You are not running, rock climbing or playing squash on a regular basis, right?

Good to know high-speed cruiser. Now we have a face to those inelastic (steep) demand curves for oil. Next: US$5/gallon?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
actually sloppy i'm quite active with diving, mountain biking and hunting why do you ask........ Dont blame me for pacing traffic and not being the a-hole doing 55 in the left lane with his blinker on.......sound familiar my sloppy friend?

Have a nice day
Hwystar1

·
Registered
165 Posts
kinda like the luge? thats a sport isnt it? not as much traffic though

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I almost forgot about cat juggling. I'm semi-pro you know...................

Have a nice day
Hywstar1

·
Registered
43 Posts
actually sloppy i'm quite active with diving, mountain biking and hunting why do you ask........ Dont blame me for pacing traffic and not being the a-hole doing 55 in the left lane with his blinker on.......sound familiar my sloppy friend?

Have a nice day
Hwystar1
Hey macho highway man! I guess I guessed wrong.

Here's the reasoning: you do risk exercise elsewhere and you don't drive at 85mph on the highway.

Here's another guess: You don't have a lot of formal math of applied stats background.

Enjoy life on the highway macho man. Be nice to those driving at 55mph--with the blinkers on I guess--and just making your life pure hell.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
"Here's the reasoning: you do risk exercise elsewhere and you don't drive at 85mph on the highway."
Here's another guess: You don't have a lot of formal math of applied stats background.

What???

Have a nice day
Hwystar1

·
Registered
7 Posts
Gas mileage

Hello
I just got an 01 Pathfinder and am wondering is the tank 70L? I get between 475 and 500 KM to a tank. Is this good mileage or not? What does everyone else get on a tank?
Thanks

1 - 20 of 28 Posts