Nissan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is the best size for exhaust pipes on the ga16. I have heard 2" is the most power gain. is this true?

·
Administrator
1,075 Posts
JeffB200sx said:
what is the best size for exhaust pipes on the ga16. I have heard 2" is the most power gain. is this true?
JeffB200sx,

While asking questions on the forums is perfectly acceptable (that's why it's here!), you've been asking some really basic ones lately. I would suggest you visit Sentra.net, and pay particular attention to Kojima's Garage. Instead of taking the time to post the question and then waiting for the answer, you could find the information on your own relatively quickly and easily. Questions such as exhaust diameter, stock horsepower, and whether 17" wheels fit your car have all been covered in some depth. These forums also have a search page for searching based on keywords through old threads.

·
Registered
500 Posts
Scott, that's a lot better than "use the search button you newbie." Common courtesy is few and far between around here sometimes. I see that kind of put-down occasionally and it makes me mad when people are rude like that.

·
Registered
702 Posts
yeh i dont mind when i just give people an answer....some people are newbies and are new and dont even see that we have a search but i understand for the people that know the site...it doesnt harm to give out one quick answer :D

·
Registered
500 Posts
Or if you're me, a textbook answer in novel form. I'm long winded and verbose and don't mind typing explainations. If you've seen some of my posts you'll know what I mean.

·
Registered
346 Posts
short answer

short answer.........for GA16DE 2.0 Inch......you want the best? get the Greddy SP Cat Back exhaust or Stromung.....both rock and are perfect for our cars! Now see? was that so hard? and it didnt even take me 60 seconds.

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
DMC muffler shop here in south cali is really good. that is where i got my exhaust done and im really satisfied with it.

·
Registered
702 Posts
the local speed and muffler shop here sounds pretty convincing with their aluminized piping non-mandrel bent. for cat back their are pricing it at would i think is a really expenisive at $200 just for catback cause i already have a muffler...what would be a nice decent price for muffler shop catback? and i hope no one mentions mandrel bends because im just simply doing some good quality muffler shop piping (crush-bent) and not some hole in the wall shop that reduces your power incredibly. to finalize my question and explanation what would be the best price to look for, for catback piping (just the piping)??

·
DNE's VZR Conversion
6,079 Posts
i got all that for 130 bucks.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks scott, i already figured that out, simply looking for different views of fellow nissan owners

·
freakish poster
1,236 Posts
Yes but where did that 2" figure come from? Is it a result of extensive dyno testing or is it a subjective opinion?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts