Nissan Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My exhaust fell off my car while driving down the highway. Im trying to decide which would be the best performance exhaust for the price. I was thinking a pacesetter would be the way to go. I ride a 96' sentra GXE 1.6 Any and all suggestions would be appreciated. :) -ainmosnilacol

·
Registered
315 Posts
What part of the exhaust arer you talking about?

There is alot of info if you search. For a header, Hotshot is the best, but its expensive. I have a weaponR header. I like it, but i have never had a hotshot to compare it to so....

For the catback, i hear stromung is the best. I have a custom made 2" catback. try to get mandrel bends

·
Gotta Represent
403 Posts
i see that you want a pace setter, but that would be the worst decision you ever made. i too have a 96 sentra gxe, and i went with a high performance cat from summit racing, a 24" glasspack, and finished it off with a flowmaster super 40 muffler. i know that super 40 mufflers are for V8''s, but you have to see and hear the car to know why i chose that muffler. you will not be dissapointed. plus i dont get too much unwanted attention :) , because it looks like a stock exhaust.

·
i pwn your mom
5,439 Posts
weapon R's are cheap knock off of the Hotshots, check out the classified section, i know i have seen a hotshot header and an exhaust in there..

·
Registered
77 Posts
pace setter

b14sleeper said:
i see that you want a pace setter, but that would be the worst decision you ever made. i too have a 96 sentra gxe, and i went with a high performance cat from summit racing, a 24" glasspack, and finished it off with a flowmaster super 40 muffler. i know that super 40 mufflers are for V8''s, but you have to see and hear the car to know why i chose that muffler. you will not be dissapointed. plus i dont get too much unwanted attention :) , because it looks like a stock exhaust.
What is wrong with pace setter headers and cat back exhaust

·
Registered
306 Posts
you get what you pay for.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
curtisj85 said:
What is wrong with pace setter headers and cat back exhaust
on top of it being cheap, it is painted and i have heard untill it all burns off (then starts rust) the burning paint smells :thumbdwn: , the piping diameter is to large and you LOSE hp as compaired to a stock exhaust, the sound is tinniy/fart canish, and the tip (the culpret for the crappy sound) is lovoured and causes back pressure so you loose even MORE hp, so with the large pipe (i think its 2.25) and the tip you lose more hp than if you just keep your stock exhaust

·
Registered
116 Posts
i can understand about the louvered exhaust making you loose... but i have a set of custom headers (1.5" primaries.. 4-1 setup) and a 2.25" exhaust and admittedly i have lost pretty much all my bottom end but the car now pulls like a daemon after 3000 rpm especially in 3rd.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
i think that is what the problem is. you lose any low end but the top end is still ok. all i know is everyone who knows about these cars swers by 2in exhaust. read www.sentra.net exhaust section and see if it explains why, its been awhile since i was there.

·
Registered
74 Posts
on my nissan primera I've got a Hotshot into a custom 2" stainless steel powerflow cat back into a 4" slashed oval rear box.

Sounds good, not too loud, not too quiet and pulls all the way through the range especially top end but definitely not lost anything at the bottom.

i would decat mine if i could but it's such a pain in the arse having to swap em over for MOT's and a new gasket every time you do it...sucks!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts