Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be the best exhaust for my 240 (HKS,Apiex,Greddy) before i get my sr sawp?

·
Registered
70 Posts
I'm assuming you mean SR20DET, but it's cool, :).

Anyway, some of the best exhausts are:

Apexi N1
Blitz Nurspec
HKS Super Drager
HKS Hiper
Trust TR Evo2

Those are the 5 I chose from, and after much debate, I went for the Blitz Nurspec. I've heard lots of good things about it.

Don't forget, your exhaust isn't going to be deafeningly loud, the turbo is a great db killer.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Exhaust...

With several "studies" done on exhausts from Japanese manufacturers by Japanese Magazines/Videos, they all rated the "Apex'i N1 Duals" to be the best exhaust for the SR20DET engine either with mods or plain stock.

The second best out there was it's single version - "Apex'i N1".

The third best exhaust was Blitz NURspec.

I, myself have the Apex'i NI Duals. They are wonderful. Not too much on the db scale (not too loud), not to open as to not have any back pressure, and it works wonders for the SR block!

All other performance shops use Apex'i if they don't produce their own. *Top Secret Performance, Endless, Fuji Dynamic, Waste Sports, etc*

Hope this was of help,
KaOz. :D

·
Registered
99 Posts
No, I actually don't. They are from Option Magazine. I really can't read Japanese... however, I can tell the ranking (i.e. #1, 2, 3, etc). So, ya... that's how I know.

However, I could be wrong and it could say: The stupidest exhaust system and list them... but I highly doubt it said that.

Lata,
KaOz.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My experience is to go to a Major muffler retail place, (pep boys, meineke, walker, midas, speedy) and get the thickest but cheapest stainless system you can. 2 inch will be all you need, but if you like big pipes, get no more than 2.5 inch. Buy a pretty looking muffler from the above listed mfg's (if you want). make sure you have an efficient free-flowing cat, and go with it, pocketing your hard earned dough.
The Import Mags are solicited by these tuner companies to push their product in exchange for free hookups, remember the adage "you scratch my back...".

Use common sense when putting low restriction exhausts on turbo charged cars, the turbo IS the restriction. Anything past that is just waste, it offers MINIMAL benefit.

Without going into a big technical "how-does-it-work?" description, take my advice and save your money for bigger injectors, a walbro fuel pump, or other goodies.

-Jarret

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have to diagree with jarret b/c I feel that those are not quality mufflers and if you have a sr20det buy cat cat back exhaust shell out a bit and if your still to cheap jus get a quality muffler from apexi, 5igen, hks, or well name brand of mufflers trust me you ll here a differance plus a manderel bent is perferred I have some out here do that for me and I got 2.25 and jus a resonator straight piping no cat and it sounds great even at high rpm it doesnt make a buzzing sound like hondas

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have to agree completely with *nismo180sx*

Sorry Jarret, Pep Boyz and such are nice for Hondas... but not NISSANs... esp. with an engine like the SR20DET!

I do understand that import mags tend to big up some manf. then others, but that is life!

I have an Apex'i N1 Dual exhaust and it is incredible for my ride. I have been told by all shops that the Apex'i N1 Dual's are IDEAL for the SR20DET!

If one were to spend all the money on the SR20DET, then they obviously have and want the best for their ride... thus, an exhaust.

If you're gonna spend, spend big - but with a reward (HP)!

Cheers,
KaOz.

·
05-06 NF FF CHAMPION!
3,960 Posts
is there any differnce between the Apex'i N1 and the Duel if so what? and anohter question for my friend kaoz wut kind of intake are u running with ur car?

·
Registered
99 Posts
drift240sxdrag...

To answer your first question:

The difference between the Apex'i N1 Single and Dual are as follows.

- The Apexi' N1 Single has some nice Low-Mid range performance advantage (power).

- The Apex'i N1 Dual has a Mid-High range performance advantage (power).

*The will both essentially achieve the same thing. This whole thing about "range performance" is nothing more then a mere difference which you will not even notice.*

I picked the Apex'i N1 Dual because almost no one has it here in Toronto and because it looks better then the single. Just imagine... DUAL EXHAUST which are both functional!!!

Hope that was of help!

I am using a GReddy Intake System - because it came with the turbo package.

I am mostly using GReddy parts - I like GReddy!!! ;)

Almost all Intake Systems are the same - they all perform the same job. Pick which ever you like and/or come with the kit you buy. I kept the GReddy one, because that means I can spend money on something else!

Hope I help you,
Cheers,
KaOz.

·
05-06 NF FF CHAMPION!
3,960 Posts
u got any pics/slips for your car kaoz?

·
Registered
99 Posts
No... no pics bro...

It is in the garage for storage. *Winter coming and no way on earth I will ever drive that to its grave*.

If you come to the meet, you will be able to see it bro. heh... *incentive to come to the meet*.

I am gonna have work done to it in the summer... I ain't gonna stop unless it reaches super-car status! heheh!!! *I love NISSAN*

Lata all,
KaOz.

·
One Wheel Drive
142 Posts
Anyone ever heard the Apexi GT spec exhaust?

Its insane. My neighbors SR20 sounds like a ducati at WOT, Ive never heard another 4cyl like it.

Also its a one piece unit from the down pipe back. To me, its the best exhaust made for the 240.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The difference between the Apex'i N1 Single and Dual are as follows.

- The Apexi' N1 Single has some nice Low-Mid range performance advantage (power).

- The Apex'i N1 Dual has a Mid-High range performance advantage (power).

That's wrong, the Single offers HIGH end power...wherease the dual will help w/ midrange, and high end.

The two small mufflers help more backpressure down low, but still offer the same flow of the single, because there are two 2.5" outlets.

I have the single, and love it....you will not regret it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
What is this issue with some of the exhaust not fitting with rear sway bars. Unfortunately, my car is totally torn down, but I looked at the stock sway bars and it looks like it is routed such that the exhaust routes under it. I also looked at the stock exhaust and it looks like with the small dia. piping it just routes straight back under the stock bar.

Is the issue that with most of the aftermarket units being 75 - 80 mm in dia, there is not enough room to route under the bar and provided enough road clearance. Thus, I would assume that the bars are removed to route the exhaust as high as possible. I really need to understand as I need to have a rear sway bar.

TIA,

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
put in the sway bars first, and have the exhaust custom made to fit.

-Jarret

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i'd get a straight-through type muffler and have a muffler shop bend the piping & weld it up. i'd go for large diameter piping for a turbo engine, the biggest that will fit. dynomax makes a great muffler for a great price.

fyi- performance gains from a pricy exhaust are negligible. a muffler shop job SHOULD cost you around $250.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
My prefer is an APEXi N1.....it's look so good!
Now i have a custom made 3" dekat

1 - 20 of 23 Posts