Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: Best Engine for drifting
I was wondering i just bought a 1990 240sx CP with a rebuilt KA24E in it iam going to be useing most for drifting should i go to a SR20DET RED VALVE COVER MODEL OR 205 HP OR S14 BLACK VALVE COVER 220 HP -because my engine has 9000mi just been rebuilt and runs good but i can get the other one swapped flat for $1000 ?? is there a noticeable Difference in a car going to be used most for drift already worked on the susp
hit me back thanks :confused:

·
Registered
150 Posts
yeah

if you only have 9k miles on the ka24de then why dont you just make it a
ka24det??

thats what im doing instead of burning countless holes in my wallet throwing a SR under my hood trying to get a guy to illegal smog it then you have to build it...

just too much money imo, id rather fully build the ka24de, stage 3 internals with a badass turbo kit.

thats more than enough power to drift, shit i can drift in my 200 thousand mile 1993 240sx...

just like the other guy said drifting is all technique and not power....

·
Registered
1 Posts
lol i already drift with both engine(ca18det and ka24de) and seriously start with the ka24 to get some skill then after get any turbo engine btw one of my friend Drift with a 164hp motor so.... you dont need to put xxxxxxx$ to get a great drifting car take the $ and put it somewhere else like suspension/tortion bars/roll cage/what ever and when the Ka will be dead put a Ca or a Sr motor :D

·
Registered
630 Posts
you can tell the OP has not watched and memorized "the Drift Bible"

KT himself said in relation to an s15(but lets face it most 240's are pretty much the same in design) " you dont need alot of power for drifting, just upgrade the suspension and brakes, and after a while you will want to upgrade the LSD as well, but this isnt neccessary to start"

as for the best engine for drifting? well V8's to be honest are the best... lots and lots of tq at all rpm ranges, most D1 drift cars are running V8's... they are also VERY reliable...

but between the ka24 and the sr20.... the SR20 is prefered becuase of all the aftermarket support, they are a easy to get power from engine, easy to work on and come turbo... the ka24 is a good low end tq engine because of its stroke, and while many here in NA have turbo'd them its been proven time and time again, its cheaper and easier to swap an sr20det than it is to turbo a ka24de... hell its easier and cheaper to wap an SR20de and make it turbo than doing the ka24det...

especially if you have a line on a inexpensive sr20det and can get it swaped for relatively cheap... you can sell your ka24 thats in good condition for a good amount of coin, or keep it for a back up motor...

but as you stand right now, spend that 1000$ on suspension, and brakes, and an lsd and try not to wrap your car around anything

1 - 10 of 10 Posts