Nissan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title explains it all let me know I should be getting my car painted soon and I would like to know what you guys think..dont say black please..I dont want to deal with all them scratches and buffing although i think it does look great :thumbup:

·
Peek-a-boo....
1,717 Posts
I'm a sucker for fine to semi-medium mettalic paints myself. not a fan of the plain colors, they just dont do it for me. again, if i had the right car, i would have no problem spending around 10g's on a paint job. if i had the money that is :p

·
I want my B14!!!!
187 Posts
I actually like the color on your car. What color is that, btw, I want to say purple but it looks like maroon. A color like that is just begging some some metallic flake to spice it up a bit. Or some pearl ;)

But if you hafta go with another color- I'd have to say blood red (aka not 'pull me over red' :p) or some blue variation since a 'black' variant would be out of the question.

However I have always been partial to Amethyst,Pearl White, and midnight purple :D

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I like how you think..mostly cuz itll probally cost less :thumbup: but would it cost me alot to put a metal flake or pearl on it..the paintjobs pretty new i guess you could say my car only has 32k on it

·
I want my B14!!!!
187 Posts
T200Sx said:
I like how you think..mostly cuz itll probally cost less :thumbup: but would it cost me alot to put a metal flake or pearl on it..the paintjobs pretty new i guess you could say my car only has 32k on it
I'm not exactly sure how much adding metallic flake or a pearl mix would be, but I plan on finding out b/c its almost time for me to get mine repainted. Like yourself I've been having problems figuring out what color to have: leave the car black with a touch of silver flake, sandstorm grey, or some purple variant (maybe the midnight purple off the R33).

My father got his Z32 painted from the stock grey to a blue pearl at maaco for $1300 (750 just for the paint). That included the exterior (also a new front bumper) and all the jams. Usually I wouldn't let them touch my car, but after seeing how well is was done- and seeing as how my car is a DD (not some true show car) I don't see a reason in going to the shop that did my old car (with that chameleon paintjob).

Gumetal would look hot, but would be tighter with some bronze rims or with a polished lip. The grey/black, black/black seems to be overdone these days. Flip the game a little. ;)

I'd just check out a few local shops and see how much they'd charge. My guess is that they would probably add a few more coats to yours and add the pearl or flake in that, shouldn't be too much.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Green is off the hook.

·
Banned
4,308 Posts
ok the best colors for the 200sx/sentra are as follows:
dark forest green
timber frost green (refer to myoungs car for color)
light metal flake/small flakes subaru blue
black <haha but seriously there is nothing better than a well kept black car...nothing)
anthrecite grey/gun metal
silver
maxima gold
these were in no specific order just a list of all the colors i would consider for my car. i think it would help to tell you i HATE flashy things....the more it blends in the better but then add alittle flare just to make it stand out from the crowd just a hair, were you want your self to stand out is under the hood. there is nothing cooler than a slightly modded exterior/interior (mostly just a stock upgrade like leather seats and a lip spoiler) then open that hood and BLAH DOW!

·
Banned
4,308 Posts

·
I command you to SEARCH
2,748 Posts
I'll be doing something a bit different.
It's in the body/paint shop right now, but should be out in a few weeks.

I might take some pics before I put it all back together....

Colors I like

Dark forest green
gold
root beer brown
dark purple

1 - 20 of 33 Posts