Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
SLAVE TO THE GRIND
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are the best all around brake pads for a 1.6 that sees some track time and a lot of stop and go traffic??TIA

·
SLAVE TO THE GRIND
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
where can I purchase them?and how much do they run?TIA

·
Driver
736 Posts
I've heard many people say green stuff pads are sh*t...I wouldn't get them. Auto part store pads like the ones Teknokid mentioned should be good for street use, as are axxis metal masters(what I currently have).

·
Driver
736 Posts
Little less than $50 w/shipping at www.coximport.com I've had them for over 6 months now. If you're doing lots of light braking, they tend to make a grinding sound, but once you brake hard the sound goes away. If you're only doing hard braking, they're great.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Jose, $50? for MM? I got NX ones for $36 shipped from coximports! I am not impressed with them though. Maybe it's my brake fluid, but they're nothing special. Next I will try Nissan pads or KVR, which I heard is good stuff and is under $80

·
Driver
736 Posts
I think it was almost $50, I can't remember though...it was probably less. Yeah while they're not bad pads(better than greenstuff though), next time I'll probably be getting some porterfields or panthers and see how those go.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Raybestos PG plus pads work very well for street use. Pepboys sells these for about $35 set with a life time warranty, they work good and give off very little brake dust...:)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts