Nissan Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is it?!

I have a 93 Sentra SE 2dr. I want the best motor swap, with dual stage V TECH turbo and spray. Lemme know what you think.

Adam
 

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
Joined
·
8,328 Posts
bytemee495 said:
What is it?!

I have a 93 Sentra SE 2dr. I want the best motor swap, with dual stage V TECH turbo and spray. Lemme know what you think.

Adam


lay off the crack newbie.
 

·
Soggy GloryHoler
Joined
·
792 Posts
Holy Shite! Are you joking man!!!! Seriously you want a Dual Stage V-Tech???? With turbo and NAAAAWWWWWWZZZZZZ???? But i thought you wanted to turn your sentra into a full Silvia conversion. What i think you should do is just leave your car the way it is. Its not a honda.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,124 Posts
either that or hes just generalizing the vvl but i doubt it cus if he was a nissan enthusiast at all he would have said vvl or neo
 

·
Soggy GloryHoler
Joined
·
792 Posts
Slacky said:
either that or hes just generalizing the vvl but i doubt it cus if he was a nissan enthusiast at all he would have said vvl or neo
that is very true though he may have just been talking to his honda friends too much. Listen though, the car is good how it is and of all the different things you want to do to your car is probably never gonna happen because people realize that it costs way to much and is to much work and in general is just not worth it


BTW Ive never heard of dual stage v-tech
 

·
OT's E-Referee
Joined
·
904 Posts
Ok, while I'm cracking up laughing at this thread I'm gonna try and straighten some things out for ya. First off, never even talk about putting a honda motor in a nissan. It will get you laughed at and flamed. Next, if you're looking for the best 4 cylinder you can put in your car you are gonna wanna choose from the SR series motors(SR20DE, SR20DET, SR16VE, and SR20VE). In my opinion either the SR20DET or the SR20VE. The SR20DET is a turbo charged SR20DE. The SR20VE is an SR20 with Nissans version of V-Tech called VVL(Variable Valve Lift). However, there is much more involved in these swaps than just the motor. To go from a GA series motor to an SR series motor you have to swap a lot more than the motor. Do a search for the GA to SR swap. Also, do a search on each of the motors to decide exactly what you want. Welcome to nissanforums.

Mitch
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,124 Posts
lol yea unless u have loads of cash a turbo sr20 is just fine to keep up if not beat almost everything around butttt if u want a super se-r fwd u need a cryo treated/welded tranny, tripple plate exotey clutch, cams, huge turbo, nitrous spool up, methanol cool, 4 intercoolers,tuned ecu, 3 standalones, and 2 ten pound bottles o and a full cage (10 point) and a bunch of stickers and a muffler tip
 

·
OT's E-Referee
Joined
·
904 Posts
Slacky said:
lol yea unless u have loads of cash a turbo sr20 is just fine to keep up if not beat almost everything around butttt if u want a super se-r fwd u need a cryo treated/welded tranny, tripple plate exotey clutch, cams, huge turbo, nitrous spool up, methanol cool, 4 intercoolers,tuned ecu, 3 standalones, and 2 ten pound bottles o and a full cage (10 point) and a bunch of stickers and a muffler tip
LOL. You guys are having too much fun with the :newbie:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow...I really got chewed apart. I'll be honest...about a few things. #1 I am an american muscle fan. #2 I bought my sentra about 3 days ago, and was talking to some people to find out what was out there, and it was mainly kids w/ hondas helping me out. #3 I've heard that the sr20det is the best motor to put in my car from everyone both on and off the forums, but the biggest problem I understand about that is the SE is front wheel drive and the SR20det is for RWD. So...lets take it from here...how do I change from my 1.6L Twin cam 16 valve to a sr20det full swap...What is required, where can I find some info on it, and how much total? just what's involved in the swap: motor, harness, axel, tranny, etc. Not the extras...just the basic swap price to make the car function correctly after it's complete.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,124 Posts
no no no no uve been mis informed the se-r is the special edition racing, its the se with a engine and suspension package, the swap isnt hard or atleast i wouldnt think it is, its just a PITA to collect all the parts and sr20dets come in rwd and awd, when people drop a sr20det into a se-r as fwd they normally use the awd version because it sits laterally just likea fwd engine so u know its gonna fit and its set up the right way, u just use the origonal fwd tranny clutch and axles
 

·
OT's E-Referee
Joined
·
904 Posts
bytemee495 said:
Wow...I really got chewed apart. I'll be honest...about a few things. #1 I am an american muscle fan. #2 I bought my sentra about 3 days ago, and was talking to some people to find out what was out there, and it was mainly kids w/ hondas helping me out. #3 I've heard that the sr20det is the best motor to put in my car from everyone both on and off the forums, but the biggest problem I understand about that is the SE is front wheel drive and the SR20det is for RWD. So...lets take it from here...how do I change from my 1.6L Twin cam 16 valve to a sr20det full swap...What is required, where can I find some info on it, and how much total? just what's involved in the swap: motor, harness, axel, tranny, etc. Not the extras...just the basic swap price to make the car function correctly after it's complete.
I can't hand this one to ya cuz I don't know off hand but everyone is gonna tell you to search. It's been discussed so many times it ain't funny. Also, there is an SR20DET for FWD. I think its the Bluebird motor if I remember correctly. Use the search button, its your best friend and it will keep you from being flamed. After you have done some searches and found everything you can then come back and ask any Q's you have. If you ask stuff that has been discussed before you will be flamed. Just warning ya, search first if you don't want to get chewed out.

Mitch
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,124 Posts
o yea and being that your new, everything kind blends in up top but there is a search button under where it says welcome________(your name) should be the third from the right , just type in ga16i to sr20de(t) swap or something like that, thersa few write ups for it so give it a shot, if not come back for some more questions, and i dont ever wanna hear vtec AGAIN!!! heh its vvl/ neo and they actually make torque sr20ve makes like 195 na while the se-r engine sr20de makes 140
 

·
Soggy GloryHoler
Joined
·
792 Posts
its all right, just dont listen to the honda kids. They just want you to get a big ass wing on thur. So there are DET motors that are front wheel drive. You can either get a bluebird or a GTI-R motor. The process is very involved and requires alot of time and money. This http://nissanforums.com/showthread.php?t=45029 will show you the general prices though. The motor will cost quite a bit more because it is a DET
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,124 Posts
i dont think there has every been a front wheel drive sr20det, read that somewhere the other day and i dotn remember seeing one either so i would have to agree, but there are all wheel drive setups
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
118 Posts
Slacky said:
i dont think there has every been a front wheel drive sr20det, read that somewhere the other day and i dotn remember seeing one either so i would have to agree, but there are all wheel drive setups
AWD for b13 is a pain i was lookin into it u have to move a bunch of stuff exaust, gas tank relocated to the trunk etc....lots of money
 

·
Powered By hopes & dreams
Joined
·
8,328 Posts
wow, this info has been posted so many times and you guys STILL spew bullshit.

the bluebird and GTiR engines are originally ALL WHEEL DRIVE. HOWEVER, they were transversely mounted in the cars they were in, and therefore can be used in FWD setups utilizing a fwd transmission from an SR20.

NEXT TIME SEARCH before spewing more bullshit.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
81 Posts
I'd put on full maxima brakes to handle a 3.4L V6 6spd out of a '98 firebird, supercharged and made to work with RWD... so I guess it'd be a half maxima brake setup, unless they also bolt to a 240SX IIS axle.

if I had to stay with FWD, i'd use the same engine just put with a 5 spd manual out of an early 90's cavalier. SImple, it would just be a bit nose heavy.
 
1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Top