Nissan Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Gotchya. Just had tune up with stock Platinum plugs. 2001 Pathy LE. Let's see if there is a Boost in MPGs. 113k on th clock, first Plug change.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i'm running NGK IX's and i think i'm noticing a Little Misfire at idle. they are Iridium plugs. so i'd avoid them. i've checked the gap about three times since installing them (which is a pain lol) and its been Perfect everytime.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll try to report back after a few tanks of gas. But I don't drive her - my son does. I KNOW he doesn't "feather" the throttle as I might for best MPGs, but he's learning since July gas prices.....LOL

·
Registered
215 Posts
i'm running NGK IX's and i think i'm noticing a Little Misfire at idle. they are Iridium plugs. so i'd avoid them. i've checked the gap about three times since installing them (which is a pain lol) and its been Perfect everytime.
get rid of thoses things as fast as you can. i suffered a blown head gasket cause of that. how much did you get your plugs for cause for about the same price you might have been able to get oem plugs. ive tried every kind off performance and gas saving plug there is. none were better than oem. not to mention im boosted. my car calls for ngk copper and thats what i use. no upgrade to platinum or ix keep oem. dont do the same mistake i did. $60 spark plugs cost me $900.:mad:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I went with the OEM plugs. We'll see if there is difference in mpgs. Don't feel a difference in the engine perfromance so far except a slightly rough idle than it had b 4 the tune-up....

·
Registered
15 Posts
Check the spark plug gap or any wires that e\t aren't connected

·
Registered
47 Posts
I have an 05, when should I change my plugs?

I have 80K miles on my 05 pathfinder. What mileage should I change them? And if I do, has anyone seen the access to them. On one side it seems like a pain in the rear to get to. Any insights to anyone who may have done it? Of course when they designed it they probably didn't think of that!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well it's a few weeks and few tanks full of gas. No difference in MPGs with the new plugs installed. I guess the spark plugs were still in pretty good shape with 113K on the clock.:balls:

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
You won't see a fuel efficiency increase, unless they were really bad. I wouldn't get my hopes up.
You won't notice any difference in performance or mileage.

My in-law use to own a auto parts store and all these expensive spark plugs and cables won't be of any benefit. They make expensive spark plugs just to sucker the consumer into buying it, therefore making a bigger profit over regular plugs.

If you want improvement in fuel efficiency, smaller motor with lighter SUV.

Performance/HP gain... bigger motor, turbo or supercharged. Swapping cam, slightly bigger exhaust pipes/muffler, remove exhaust manifold and installing headers will give you a little more power.

Those are my 2 bits.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts