Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Strongly considering the purchase of a 2016 Frontier S. Local dealer offered a great price without negotiating. KBB, Edmunds and TrueCar all show this to be good price. Only concern is the lack of power windows, door locks and mirrors. I can get these extra features for $3K extra.

I've Googled adding these features and come up with a few promising hits ... without parts lists and step-by-step instructions. The thought of driving a truck without these features ... for 10 years or more really saddens me.

Any advice would be appreciated, especially from those who upgraded their trucks to include these features.

Thank you ...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Go with the SV if you can get a good price. Comes with all the goodies. Probably balances out if you have to pay for aftermarket install and parts.

SgtUSMC, Viet Vet (in country), AmLegion, VFW, LifeNRA, DAV

·
Registered
344 Posts
Strongly considering the purchase of a 2016 Frontier S. Local dealer offered a great price without negotiating. KBB, Edmunds and TrueCar all show this to be good price. Only concern is the lack of power windows, door locks and mirrors. I can get these extra features for $3K extra.

I've Googled adding these features and come up with a few promising hits ... without parts lists and step-by-step instructions. The thought of driving a truck without these features ... for 10 years or more really saddens me.

Any advice would be appreciated, especially from those who upgraded their trucks to include these features.

Thank you ...
Dud,

The excessories that you mentioned is actually what I didn't much want. Just extra electrical's to repair over the long haul.

What I wanted was the V6, Aluminum Wheel's, and an Extended Cab. In order to get that required me to get an SV. Haveing the extra accessorie's that you mentioned,, but mine doesn't have a passenger door with keyed entry that I miss. I don't much like key Fob's,, and don't use mine at all. I prefer useing a key.

No Truck is Perfect though, but after 3 year's, I can say I'm Still Very Happy with my '13 SVV6 King Cab, and I'm glad that I held out for the Full Size Bed.

Good Luck,, and don't be afraid to drive 100-200 mile's to get what you want. You can check out other dealer inventorie's online, and negotiate over the phone. But alway's be knowledgeable about the Sale's tax,, and IMO, best to get preapproved financeing local before going to the Dealership

Joe

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dud,

The excessories that you mentioned is actually what I didn't much want. Just extra electrical's to repair over the long haul.

What I wanted was the V6, Aluminum Wheel's, and an Extended Cab. In order to get that required me to get an SV. Haveing the extra accessorie's that you mentioned,, but mine doesn't have a passenger door with keyed entry that I miss. I don't much like key Fob's,, and don't use mine at all. I prefer useing a key.

No Truck is Perfect though, but after 3 year's, I can say I'm Still Very Happy with my '13 SVV6 King Cab, and I'm glad that I held out for the Full Size Bed.

Good Luck,, and don't be afraid to drive 100-200 mile's to get what you want. You can check out other dealer inventorie's online, and negotiate over the phone. But alway's be knowledgeable about the Sale's tax,, and IMO, best to get preapproved financeing local before going to the Dealership

Joe

Joe,

I ended up purchasing an S that the dealership had on the lot. The problem with "getting what you want" is that Nissan produces so few of what I wanted. During the week it took to buy the truck (it should have taken a day) I searched the Nissan nation-wide inventory. The results? Nissan only had about 10 trucks nationwide with the featureset that I was looking for. The closest truck was 300 miles away in a color that I would not buy.

I had my 1st gen Nissan Frontier for 12 years and loved to tinker with it, keeping it in tip-top condition. I was actually able to document some of these projects and post them here on the forums. I hope to do the same for this 2nd gen, keeping it in as-new condition for many years to come. I keep my vehicles for many years (10 yrs for my '95 Hardbody, 12 for my 1st gen Frontier). I see tremendous value in the truck design and it is very reliable.

I just wish that buying the truck would have been easier. My local dealer is really screwed up ...

·
Registered
344 Posts
Joe,

I ended up purchasing an S that the dealership had on the lot. The problem with "getting what you want" is that Nissan produces so few of what I wanted. During the week it took to buy the truck (it should have taken a day) I searched the Nissan nation-wide inventory. The results? Nissan only had about 10 trucks nationwide with the featureset that I was looking for. The closest truck was 300 miles away in a color that I would not buy.

I had my 1st gen Nissan Frontier for 12 years and loved to tinker with it, keeping it in tip-top condition. I was actually able to document some of these projects and post them here on the forums. I hope to do the same for this 2nd gen, keeping it in as-new condition for many years to come. I keep my vehicles for many years (10 yrs for my '95 Hardbody, 12 for my 1st gen Frontier). I see tremendous value in the truck design and it is very reliable.

I just wish that buying the truck would have been easier. My local dealer is really screwed up ...
Dud,

Buying a New Vehicle has alway's been an ordeal for me. If it's any consilation, My last 3 Truck's have been purchased out of state.

My First Nissan Truck was a '93 KingCab 4cyl. 2wd. I loved that Truck and drove it for 20 year's. I might have kept it,, except I wanted a little bit more pulling power.

I'm like you,, and also think that the Nissan Truck is a Good Value. I also try to maintain mine myself,, and keep it looking good as long as possible.

Enjoy Your New Truck, and I hope it'll do you good for a long time,
Joe

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am in the same spot. I want the crew cab 6spd, but cant have that and power windows. Wish I could find out if the trucks come prewired for power windows.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am about to go check a 2016 S out, and have been searching he web to see if they come pre-wired for PW/PDL. If they do, Id just source some used ones and do the upgrade. I did find in earlier models it waspossible, but required a body harness, which meant taking the dash a out among other things. I never found some one who completed the upgrade though

1 - 7 of 7 Posts