Nissan Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello im a 1991 nissan pathfinder owner and I need a little help removing my power steering pump belt I got off the other two belts fine, the manual was very vague and said things like"in most cases" and usually" i found the adjusting bolts under the pump that i could acsess behind the front passenger wheel but i must be doing somthing wrong becuase it doesnt seem to be moving the pump, the other two are pretty obvious. I'm thinking maybe I need to loosen a mounting bolt like with the alternater but im not sure. Anyways just wondering if anyone out there has done this before, trying to get back on the road it is a daily driver.

·
Registered
307 Posts
You are correct, it's very hidden and tough to get to. There is one bolt behind the power steering pump pulley that you have to loosen. You can do it with a socket if you rotate the pulley until the holes in it allow for access, or use a long wrench. I think it's a 14mm. It just takes a little bit of turning to allow the pump body to swivel. Easy after you do it once. Hope this helps. HJK

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok I think I know what your talking about i did see a nut and washer directly behind the pully it looked imposiable to get to ill try turning the pully thanks for the quick reply

1 - 3 of 3 Posts