Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I installed a UR undercrank pulley for my 93 sentra E and now I don't know what belt to use. Before I had 1 belt to drive both the water pump and the alternator (no PS or AC). Now I've got the alternator at the furthest distance away but there's still slack on the belt.

There are 3 rings on the UR pulley where I can put the belt. One is of larger diameter than the other two (which are the same diameter). If I put the belt on the larger diameter ring the belt is offset by about 1 inch (not on the same plane). I'm not too sure I want to do that. If I line it up in a straight plane the belt will fall on a smaller diameter ring but have this slack.

The belt recommendations only seem to take into account having a setup where power steering is present. But I'm wondering if there's a simple formula for belt designations like K0403xx where xx is the length. So on the gates website with their recommendation of a K040360 for the WP and Alternator I should look for a K040340 or K040345 ??

Sean...

·
Pastor of Muppets
153 Posts
Just use a shorter belt. As long as everything lines up properly and the tension is right you should be good to go.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah, I do realize I need a smaller belt. I was hoping someone already had done this before and found a suitable gates belt #. My problem lies in the fact that they list appropriate belts for accessory configurations I don't have and don't address my accessory configuration.

Sean...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Keep the belt on the same plane on the UD pulley. Whatever belt sizes you have stock, go with with -5 first. If you have a lot of slack with the stock belts, then go with -10. If they don't list your stock belts like you say, then take your stock belts and match it to the belts in an autostore. Even if the brand is not the same, the part numbers are similar. I forget but it something simple like this: K040360, where 04 might mean the number of ribs and 360 is the length, not sure but you can figure it out.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gates K040340 belt it is!

Okay thanks for the comments. I went out and got a smaller belt, the K040340 (used for the 92 nissan stanza's alternator). Fits perfectly. The notch on the alternator adjustment screw sits at the exact same place when my original belt was on.

So anyways:
91-94 sentra 1.6L without PS and AC
UR undercrank pulley 0210112
Gates K040340 belt to turn the water pump and alt.

Sean...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts