Nissan Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been a long time guys, I'm proud to say I am back in the nissan family...only two-fold this time! The bad news is both are broke....yeah, what fun. Anyways, I was wondering if anyone could help me out. I "inherited" our 2002 Pathfinder and also "inherited" the problems it has. I went to autozone and got the SES codes pulled and they came up with:
P0138
P1140
P1147

I "know" what they are, but it would be great to fully know what they are. I replaced O2 sensor number 2 in what i THOUGHT was bank 1...the passenger side. If anyone can shed some light, or even a good dealership where we have an insider that can help me out, I would be MUCH appreciative.

From what I know, the VTC position sensor is the P1140 code, and the rear O2 sensors should both be replaced and then the ECM reflashed to repair a programming error in how the O2 sensors are turned on. Anyone?

·
Registered
39 Posts
P0138 - Left Bank Downstream or Downstream and Pre-Catalyst O2S Shorted to Voltage - Oxygen sensor input voltage maintained above the normal operating range.

P1140 is for the camshaft sensor, there is two, P1140 is for the right bank, the battery side. (P1145 is for the left)

P1147 is a code for an 02 sensor on bank one of the engine.

·
All Show...trust me!
164 Posts
The P1140 camshaft sensor is going to be the only one that will keep you from running. The other 2 should still run, but with the SES light on.
Check the wires first at the plug before you replace both Cam sensors.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I replaced both the O2 sensor and the VTC...i hear the VQ35 likes to wear out those things pretty regularly. Anywho, the codes were all still on after leaving the car unplugged over night, so i had them cleared so i could get the car inspected. I'm going to drive it around to see if they come back on, but they haven't so far. Man, i wish i still had my 240....or had my current 240 running better.

·
Registered
0 Posts
P1140 confusion!

Hey everyone, great info here and was hoping you can clarify something.

I have an '01 Pathfinder, SE, 3.5L V6 and had AutoZone run the scan for my SES. It came back w/code P1140 (2 of them actually) and all the lists I've seen from Nissan show P1140 relating to the Intake Valve Timing Control Position Sensor, LH Bank 1 whereas ny98max, you say it is on the right side. Other forums I've researched also show discrepancies so I'm trying to confirm if this code is LH or RH, whether its Bank 1 or Bank 2, and if Bank 1 is drivers side or passenger side. Any assistance would be appreciated, thanks very much,
Chris
:confused:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts