Nissan Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guy's I am exploring my avenues on how to make the little Sentra fun car to drive. If have just posted up about a turbocharger install on this car and now I am wondering if any of you all have done anything to assist the Od trans when the engine is making more power than it was designed to handle? Is there anything that can be done to assist it so that it will not die emidietly? Again I want to make some more power band keep the auto trans because shifting is out due to a very bad knee (motorcycle accident). If there is somthing that will help please post up and let me know.
Thanks

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hey there i have a 96 automatic as well with intake headers etc, any way check out these links u can get a reprogramming kit for an automatic. It designed to be used on cars with upgrades and i emailed them and it was only $100. I comes with instructions but id prob have it installed professionally.

The kit im sure is just springs, washers, etc.

check out the links

ur tranny should be a RL4F03A

Transgo Performance Shift Kit - Nissan Automatic Shift Kits
Shift Kit

·
Registered
313 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Bud thanks much but to pay somone to do it would cost money that I don't have LOL! With out a doubt this and option but I am woudering if the are clutches and or other hard parts that are vulnerable to higher Hp??

·
Block Rockin Beats
117 Posts
That's pretty awesome about the automatic shift kit, since I plan on beefing up my car and keeping it a cross between daily driver and sleeper, I'm not gonna change it to stick or put a turbo in it--I need as many N.A., all-motor upgrades as I can get--and to know there's a performance program for the auto tranny is sweet!!!

As far as how much HP the tranny should handle... well let's just say that in general, I have seen other Auto cars (Mk2 Dubs, Civics) with ~100HP tuned up to nearly twice that including with turbo (low boost of course) and the owners weren't reporting any transmission problems.

I'd say just beat the fuck out of it and find out, that's what I'm gonna do...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts