Nissan Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 01 GXE auto I have aftermarket muffler (not coffie can type) And hotshots cold air intake. I would like to purchase the HS Header, but its a little off of my budget but hopefully not in the near future. Untill then i would like to work on my suspension. I dont care about the lowering visual affects, but i would like a better suspension setup. What would be a good start? I was thinking a strut bar (keep in mind i know very little about this topic) I know that the SE-R comes with one, would I be able to purchase one of these from nissan, and will it fit. I know these devices are pretty simple, so is there another/cheaper place I could find a similar strut bar from. What type of handling effect should i expect from this? What else should i do to improve suspension and handling?

Thanks

·
Registered
26 Posts
A fron strut bar would help tighten things around corners. Stillen makes one for Spev-V's etc - I'm pretty sure it fits, and it's reasonably priced. On a budget the only other suspension work you could really do is put lowering springs on, which would lower the ride, reduce squat during acceleration, and give you tighter cornering. Both Skunk 2's or Eibach have lowering springs for purchase for between 200 - 350 bucks. But you should be careful if you decide to put lowering springs on. They'll tighten up your suspension quite a bit, and with stock shocks and dampeners you could blow you struts? I think or the shocks. Not good. But I've also heard of people putting springs on new sentras and civics and which have stock econo car suspensions and having no problems. I suppose it also depends on the kind of roads in your area. I live in Minnesota for example, and the roads here are crap, lots of bumps, cracks and the like.

In addition to this, I quoted a tuner shop in the area and a Nissan dealership and they said it would be about $350 and $450 to have the lowering springs installed on my car! Yikes, the dealer said $450!!!

Your best bet, if you're serious about a suspension, is to save up for the complete Nism0 Coilover kit which runs around $800 - $1100 or Tein Coilover kit which is around 1 Grand. Both are awesome and would lower the car, give a better ride then stock, AND still be Much tighter around the corners.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok thanks for posting a reply. Does anyone know if the front strutbars are universal for sentras 2000 and up? And how is the install for these?

·
Registered
75 Posts
umm, this isnt exactly related to this thread but i didnt want to start another on suspension.

My 2002 GXE's front suspension bottoms out at almost every bump. i get a big hit on the steering wheel. Ive taken it to the dealership many times when it was under warranty but they said it was fine.

Im wondering if this s normal, my car has about 42000 miles on it. Should i go to like a shop and have em replaced or should i get the ones of Nopi.com and have someone put em in? I dont want to spend more that $100

I f'n tense up every time i see a small pothole in front of me. I Dont Like It!

·