Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a Titan with the utli-track system and a bed extender. My question is...How do you prevent the bed extender from being stolen? All you have to do is loosen the knobs, tilt the extender up on end, and lift it out of it's brackets! What does anyone do to prevent this? Is there a trick that I am missing? It seems like there should be an easy way to stop a theft, without resorting to cable locks, or simply storing it away in the garage until I need it!
Thanks,
Gycle

·
Yea, I'm a freak..
560 Posts
I believe the side mounts are metal brackets in a U shape. The "knobs" on the extender are a hardened plastic. Even with the tailgate locked, a hard upward pull will pop the "knobs" away from the brackets.

·
Whoa...
2,073 Posts
Slurppie said:
I believe the side mounts are metal brackets in a U shape. The "knobs" on the extender are a hardened plastic. Even with the tailgate locked, a hard upward pull will pop the "knobs" away from the brackets.
ahh, i can visualize that now... still, if you lock your tailgate it makes it al least difficult, i mean if someone wants something in/on your car, not much is really going to stop them... lock your tailgate it might get an "opportunity" thief from stopping

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was told that locking the tailgate would prevent theft, but all you need to do is loosen the knobs, slide it back, tilt the extender, and lift it out. It would take 10 seconds or so to do this....

BlankgazeX said:
ahh, i can visualize that now... still, if you lock your tailgate it makes it al least difficult, i mean if someone wants something in/on your car, not much is really going to stop them... lock your tailgate it might get an "opportunity" thief from stopping

·
Whoa...
2,073 Posts
well, locking your doos prevents theft until someone throws a rock through the side window and ulocks the door... either way, if they want it, they are going to get it... you just got to use as much deterence as possible..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts