Nissan Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello i was wondering, what are the best all around coilovers for racing and drifting ?? and i dont mind sacrificing too much ride comfort!!

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well they 're tein, apexi, ground control and arospeed those your choice I d go with tein but they are really $$$$ but ground control are good enough

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
HighPlainsDrifter said:
hello i was wondering, what are the best all around coilovers for racing and drifting ?? and i dont mind sacrificing too much ride comfort!!
Ground Control with Ground Control Advance Design shocks are the best for real, non rice racing. No other shock that fits nissan is as sofiticated with double external adjustable damping and a digressive damping curve.

Drifting is rice, the slow way around corners but if you are into it for fun, GC can come up with custom spring rates and damping so the car can oversteer easily.

Mike

·
Registered
185 Posts
Well, if you are seriously into racing, it would be hard to beat the Koni 2817/2812 set-up. Expect to pay $4-5k however. There are also some very sophisticated remote reservoir set-ups around. You could try Morris Dampers as well.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have heard a lot of good stuff from fellow members who use the Zeal Function B-6 coilovers. Alex Chang (owner of the project240sx for nissan peformance magazine uses them, and he does a lot of track racing).

Tein offers the RE and RS for racing as well (i believe the RS has an external reservoir)

Expect to pay about $2000-2500 for these setups.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a race specs SHOCK ENGINEERING very hard and extrem set up!
It's a coilovers sistem and it's work great on track!
Absolutely no comfort:D:D:D

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have heard nothing buy awesome reviews of the JIC Majic FLT-A2's. And they're sub $2k. I have no personal experience with them, but SCC used them on their project S13, and you know they do their homework! Hope you find what you're looking for.
-BEN

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
LOL your gonna come in a nissan 240sx forums and say drifting is rice? i dont' get that ???? that's why you buy a 240sx you don't take corners slow you speed up and pull into a skid which makes the turn easier, don't come on a 240 forum and say drifting is rice just because you can't do it properly. drifting is faster then goin 30mph on a turn

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
Th*GgEd_OuTtTt said:
LOL your gonna come in a nissan 240sx forums and say drifting is rice? i dont' get that ???? that's why you buy a 240sx you don't take corners slow you speed up and pull into a skid which makes the turn easier, don't come on a 240 forum and say drifting is rice just because you can't do it properly. drifting is faster then goin 30mph on a turn
Drifting is slower than grip driving. You don't drift far in real racing. Drifting is for fun and show but its the SLOW way around a corner.

Mike

·
Registered
548 Posts
he's right in some aspects. drifting is a slow way to get around a corner. because in all track races, no drivers drift the corners (i.e. in F1, SCCA, LeMans, WRC, etc.) you don't see drivers intentionally drifting or sliding, in the FF setups, around corners.

but drifting is FAR from rice. it takes A LOT of skill to be able to pull of a simple drift, and even moreso, to link multiple drifts together (i.e. an S-turn).

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
esyip said:
he's right in some aspects. drifting is a slow way to get around a corner. because in all track races, no drivers drift the corners (i.e. in F1, SCCA, LeMans, WRC, etc.) you don't see drivers intentionally drifting or sliding, in the FF setups, around corners.

but drifting is FAR from rice. it takes A LOT of skill to be able to pull of a simple drift, and even moreso, to link multiple drifts together (i.e. an S-turn).
Drifting is more like skilled dancing that does not have much to do with driving fast. It is great to watch but not really what you do to go fast. However I think its good to have some drifitng skills in your book of tricks so you can control some unexected situations while racing. Many drifters are convinced that they are ungodly fast but quickly become humbled when trying to do a real racing event. The good thing is that I think most good drifters can become good grip drivers easily but not vice versa.

In my opinion, its not worth devoting your entire automotive life to or to live a lifestyle around drifting.

Its not as rice as some of the stupid cars that are built to win cars shows that I see but its not a serious form of driving either. The above is simply my personal opinion of it.

Mike

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Alrite guys im from japan and all of us started drifting because we can plunge into a corner faster on a downhill race or a touge. but when we race uphill its all grip racing. Downhill racing is all about the drift and we do get faster times drifting the downhills

·
I LOVE MY COUPE
285 Posts
Try Jic coilovers, www.jic-magic.com, I believe that there Japanese pieces that get imported here so there a little expensive. Those have 15 way adjustability. Very good pieces, friend has them. Eibach has kits and is a trusted name.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
In WRC they drift all the time almost every corner they drift. At least the races I've seen. In the races I've seen they use drifting so much that their hand brake is right by the steering wheel for fast and easy access, also their hand brake doesn't lock like street car hand brakes either ....... but also I agree that drifting is not the fastest way to get around a corner BUT, it is the coolest way to get around a croner also the feeling is totally above and beyond anything that I have ever felt. This is just my 2 cents.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
morepower2 said:
Drifting is more like skilled dancing that does not have much to do with driving fast. It is great to watch but not really what you do to go fast. However I think its good to have some drifitng skills in your book of tricks so you can control some unexected situations while racing. Many drifters are convinced that they are ungodly fast but quickly become humbled when trying to do a real racing event.

Mike
No shit you can't turn corners faster when drifting. Who ever said you could? What does your opinion on drifting add to this thread? Are you some sort of a grip snob? I don't know any drifters who claims "drifting is faster".. none, zero, zip, zilch. Where are these so called "drifters" who are convinced that drifting is faster? Got names? Going by your logic, if a black man commits a crime, that make all blacks criminals. If a white man is a racist, that make all whites racist. Just because some kid sees Initial D and thinks drifting is the fastest way around a corner, does that mean every REAL drifter thinks that way?

Infact the majority of the legal drifting contest are JUDGED on a score based scale based on style and such. This in itself proves my point. Why try to ruin someone's fun just because it isn't your cup of tea? If you like grip driving fine. If you like drifting, great. If you like dragging, great. Whatever floats your boat, but get off the fucking high horse.

All you are doing is preaching to the converted.

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
Silvia S14 said:
No shit you can't turn corners faster when drifting. Who ever said you could? What does your opinion on drifting add to this thread? Are you some sort of a grip snob? I don't know any drifters who claims "drifting is faster".. none, zero, zip, zilch. Where are these so called "drifters" who are convinced that drifting is faster? Got names? Going by your logic, if a black man commits a crime, that make all blacks criminals. If a white man is a racist, that make all whites racist. Just because some kid sees Initial D and thinks drifting is the fastest way around a corner, does that mean every REAL drifter thinks that way?

Infact the majority of the legal drifting contest are JUDGED on a score based scale based on style and such. This in itself proves my point. Why try to ruin someone's fun just because it isn't your cup of tea? If you like grip driving fine. If you like drifting, great. If you like dragging, great. Whatever floats your boat, but get off the fucking high horse.

All you are doing is preaching to the converted.

Go back to the 8th post... Someone did claim drifting was faster...

Your second post here and you are name calling????

We do not allow flame wars and trash talking here... period..

Mike said it was his opinion.... he is entiltled to his opinion... Maybe you should listen. Mike has probably forgotten more about Nissans and racing than most will ever know.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
myoung said:
Go back to the 8th post... Someone did claim drifting was faster...

Your second post here and you are name calling????

We do not allow flame wars and trash talking here... period..

Mike said it was his opinion.... he is entiltled to his opinion... Maybe you should listen. Mike has probably forgotten more about Nissans and racing than most will ever know.
Oh so now it's an "opinion"? Funny, he spoke for all drifters as if it was a FACT that all drifters think that way. For a "Chief Editor" you seem to not be able to read very well. Did I not cover this in my post? Do you want me to repeat it?

"Just because some kid sees Initial D and thinks drifting is the fastest way around a corner, does that mean every REAL drifter thinks that way?"

Many drifters are convinced that they are ungodly fast but quickly become humbled when trying to do a real racing event.
Obviously he's not talking about US drifters, drifting is still in it's infancy here. The rest are just trendy kids dreaming of drifting. So WHO are all these "drifters" that claim to be "ungodly fast but quickly become humbled"? Names would be nice!

BTW... What the fuck do I have to listen to? Did I not say GRIP RACING IS FASTER?

Hell it just came out of the blue, no one claimed drifting was faster until it he beat the dead horse for no purpose other then.. well nothing!

Drifting is rice, the slow way around corners but if you are into it for fun
Damn, hit it right on the head and didn't even realize it. Why else would you drift? To be faster? :banana:

Really, what do you have to prove? That you are BETTER then drifters? Drifters are INFERIOR to you because you grip driving is faster? Are you trying to educate the Initial D kids?

·
NPM Lead Editor/Webmaster
4,571 Posts
Why are you taking it so personal????

Are you a Drift event promoter?...lol

This person did say it was faster around the corner.... can you read?

You would have to ask him yourself if he gets his motivation from Initial D... only you have mentioned that like 4 times,,,

Bottom line: you join the forum and in your second post you are trash talking and telling people to get off their "fucking highhorse"...now your 3rd post and you continue to be a jerk... nice way to introduce yourself.

What are your creditials???? I know what Mike's (morepower2)are....... lets hear yours....

·
Icy Hot Stunta
2,366 Posts
Silvia S14 said:
Oh so now it's an "opinion"? Funny, he spoke for all drifters as if it was a FACT that all drifters think that way. For a "Chief Editor" you seem to not be able to read very well. Did I not cover this in my post? Do you want me to repeat it?

"Just because some kid sees Initial D and thinks drifting is the fastest way around a corner, does that mean every REAL drifter thinks that way?"

Obviously he's not talking about US drifters, drifting is still in it's infancy here. The rest are just trendy kids dreaming of drifting. So WHO are all these "drifters" that claim to be "ungodly fast but quickly become humbled"? Names would be nice!

BTW... What the fuck do I have to listen to? Did I not say GRIP RACING IS FASTER?

Hell it just came out of the blue, no one claimed drifting was faster until it he beat the dead horse for no purpose other then.. well nothing!

Damn, hit it right on the head and didn't even realize it. Why else would you drift? To be faster? :banana:

Really, what do you have to prove? That you are BETTER then drifters? Drifters are INFERIOR to you because you grip driving is faster? Are you trying to educate the Initial D kids?
Uh, why are you so mad, don't we agree on every point you are making?

Did you read my post even?

How did you figure that I said that drifters are inferior, I think I even implied that a real good drifter is a better driver, read my post, I said a good drifter can also be a good grip driver but not always vice versa! I like watching good drifters and have fun playing around with guys driving drift style on the track.

Your angst is laughable, you are trying to argue when we both agree 100%

Mike

1 - 20 of 31 Posts