Nissan Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question, where do you guys run the cables to your batteries. Do you guys go underbody or under the carpet in the car? Thanks for the help.

·
Wannabe Mod
394 Posts
What is the need for having the battery in the trunk?

·
Registered
185 Posts
Adam said:
Better weight distribution between the front and back end, which can help the car handle better. It also frees up a bunch of room under the hood (not that it's that tight anyway)
You should also place the battery on the passenger side to improve the side to side balance.

The other common option is to relocat it just behind the back seat, close to the polar moment of inertia.

Locating the battery near the polar moment of inertial should help the car turn better (response). Locating the battery near the rear of the car will help with the car's steady state cornering attitude (understeer/oversteer).

Also, where to run the cables is a mixed bag. There is good and bad to both. I ran mine under the chassis. I'd rather not have the cables inside the car. I routed mine the same as Dave Coleman in the SCC article he wrote up for relocating the battery in his SE-R a couple of years ago or so.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Hey George, I was wanting to put my battery on pass. rear floor but read that it is not race legal at the drag strip. Said that it could not be in pass. compartment. Do you know if this is true? What about the guys with the civic hatchbacks? Do you know of anyone who has done this and had to change it?

·
Registered
185 Posts
BORNGEARHEAD said:
Hey George, I was wanting to put my battery on pass. rear floor but read that it is not race legal at the drag strip. Said that it could not be in pass. compartment. Do you know if this is true? What about the guys with the civic hatchbacks? Do you know of anyone who has done this and had to change it?
No idea I'm afraid. I'm not a drag racer. I'm sure there are some who are avid drag racers here who may be able to give you a definitive answer.

1,267 Posts
Geo said:
You should also place the battery on the passenger side to improve the side to side balance.

The other common option is to relocat it just behind the back seat, close to the polar moment of inertia.

Locating the battery near the polar moment of inertial should help the car turn better (response). Locating the battery near the rear of the car will help with the car's steady state cornering attitude (understeer/oversteer).

Also, where to run the cables is a mixed bag. There is good and bad to both. I ran mine under the chassis. I'd rather not have the cables inside the car. I routed mine the same as Dave Coleman in the SCC article he wrote up for relocating the battery in his SE-R a couple of years ago or so.
Well, mine's in the trunk on the passenger's side, so I figure that's the best placement. compareded to where teh driver sitws

1 - 9 of 9 Posts