Nissan Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know wht dimensions the battery is in an 89 Pulsar??

id like to upgrade to a redtop without putting it in the trunk if thats a possibility

Thanks!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sr20dem0n said:
can't you just walk out to the car and measure it?
not a the moment cuz the car is at the shop:( the good things is... no more tranny problems :) slipping auto tranny peice of garbage hehe stick shift now :D

while its in the shop.. i put together everything i need to install my system.. entry level one.. but in the 2 previous cars.. i had dimming problems.. have already upgraded the BIG 3.. but would like ot know my options for an upgraded battery should i need one

but yeah.. i should have mentionned this before lol

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
as per the search... after close to an hour.. yes im that bad at searching stuff... a group 35 battery is what fits in a B12 Pulsar/sentra??? anyone confirm/deny this please?

·
Registered
2,376 Posts
Marty01 said:
as per the search... after close to an hour.. yes im that bad at searching stuff... a group 35 battery is what fits in a B12 Pulsar/sentra??? anyone confirm/deny this please?
just go to sears and ask for whatever battery you want for your car...usually they give you the right battery. If they don't you'll notice it loooks funny and just go back saying "hey damnit wrong battery" and they'll take care of it.

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
forget the group 35, get a group 24 like out of a fullsize ford, it will fit that's what I have in my 90 sentra, at least you get more CCA's.

·
TwiztidKidd
807 Posts
This is what you want... It's model 34/78 and it measures 10" x 7" x 7"... it's completely sealed so you can mount it into any postition and your posts are always clean. I paid $119 for it :rolleyes:

·
Registered
97 Posts
If you're worried about your system making your lights and stuff dim, put a capasitor or 2 in there first, then worry about the battery. The capasitor will take the power drain (like a spike - bass hit) and draw constant power from the battery without your alternator having to worry about it. works well for me.

·
Registered
751 Posts
The Optima won't cure the dimming problem unless your battery is on it's last leg. I'd do the capacitor. IMO those batts are WAY overkill for these little old cars. You can got to CSK and get a battery that will perform exactly the same for less than half the money. $120 for a 36 month battery... lol.

·
Registered
87 Posts
If you have a Wal-Mart in your area you could get a Max-1N - its got 1000 cranking amps and 850 Cold cranking amps and a 3 year replacement and a 9year pro-rated warranty. If I remember right its only about $70.00

·
TwiztidKidd
807 Posts
Actually he wants to relocate the battery in the trunk he wasn't complaining about any audio related problems. The lights never dimmed in my car and I have two MRV-T420 amps. Usually the Alpine headunit shuts off and then it comes back on... but that's very rare only when I'm waiting at a lightstop with a lot of stuff that draws power: audio, rear window defroster, heat fan blasting on high, fog lights, headlights + break lights, windshield wipers. Anyways this is alternator related, but if you want a performance battery check this out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts