Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well since the batter is in the trunk I have to have this for drag racing.

#1. anyone know of a site that shows me how to make one
#2. anyone have any ideas of how to mount it to the outside without cutting holes in the body. i would like it to be somewhat disconnectable so i dont have a battery cutoff switch located outside the car all the time. thanks

·
Proud 2004 X-Trail Owner
691 Posts
IMHO Put it in the hood. (The battery)

If you want the car for drag, you need more weight at the traction axle, than at the slave one, just my 2 cents.

·
Boxed Fox
1,313 Posts
Rathi134 said:
well since the batter is in the trunk I have to have this for drag racing.

#1. anyone know of a site that shows me how to make one
#2. anyone have any ideas of how to mount it to the outside without cutting holes in the body. i would like it to be somewhat disconnectable so i dont have a battery cutoff switch located outside the car all the time. thanks
What does the rulebook say about battery cutoff location? They might not let you put it under a crushable panel like the hood or trunk.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
battery is in the trunk because it does not fit under the hood anymore. If the battery is in the trunk you have to have the cutoff switch, it needs to be mounted on the back.

·
Please Shift Here
6,696 Posts
You DEFINATELY need somethig to cut off the battery in case of emergency. Like I said, I prefer an in-line fuse rather than a cutoff switch, a fuse will react faster and on its own. If you are required to have a cutoff, go to an autozone or a car audio store and you will find one. Heck, I would recommend you do both fuse and cutoff.

BTW, be sure to use multiple grounds like I did, it makes it ALOT better.

·
Wise Cracker
5,730 Posts
Is your local track official telling you this? All that should be required is that it be properly fused withiin 18 inches. If so then just get a circuit breaker and install it within 12 inches of the battery. It can act as a cutoff as well as a circuit breaker.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts