Nissan Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
3,660 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well since the batter is in the trunk I have to have this for drag racing.

#1. anyone know of a site that shows me how to make one
#2. anyone have any ideas of how to mount it to the outside without cutting holes in the body. i would like it to be somewhat disconnectable so i dont have a battery cutoff switch located outside the car all the time. thanks

· Boxed Fox
1,322 Posts
Rathi134 said:
well since the batter is in the trunk I have to have this for drag racing.

#1. anyone know of a site that shows me how to make one
#2. anyone have any ideas of how to mount it to the outside without cutting holes in the body. i would like it to be somewhat disconnectable so i dont have a battery cutoff switch located outside the car all the time. thanks
What does the rulebook say about battery cutoff location? They might not let you put it under a crushable panel like the hood or trunk.

· Please Shift Here
10,240 Posts
You DEFINATELY need somethig to cut off the battery in case of emergency. Like I said, I prefer an in-line fuse rather than a cutoff switch, a fuse will react faster and on its own. If you are required to have a cutoff, go to an autozone or a car audio store and you will find one. Heck, I would recommend you do both fuse and cutoff.

BTW, be sure to use multiple grounds like I did, it makes it ALOT better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.