Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Used jumper cables when old battery didn't work, car started fine. Bought 1st new battery, it worked for a month and then it died. Free replacement for 2nd new battery and it's worked for a month and Friday it died. Took to mechanic both times, Friday he recharged newest battery and tightened alternator belt (?). Today it's dead. What is killing my batteries? :wtf:

·
Nissan Technician
826 Posts
Could be the alternator but doubtful.

You also need to check to see if your isn't pulling a draw on the electrical system! That will also kill the battery...good luck!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We tried something else

Mechanic tested alternator, which has a voltage regulator, and everything tests OK. I had remembered the trouble started after replacing the dome light bulb. He took out the delay switch on the electrical system, recharged for an hour and we'll see what happens. Of course, now I don't have a clock or a radio. Windows, horn and cig lighter have never worked, so what's the big deal. This is a junker but now it runs. I hope! Thanks for advice.

·
Registered
12 Posts
That is pretty odd. It definitely sounds like you are getting a short somewhere. Also, when you have replaced batteries, have you don't a physical inspection of the old batteries? Make sure there isn't a small bolt or other item rubbing against your battery on the bottom or elsewhere, causing a small hole? Just some other thoughts to check.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Check ur grounds man, also try disconnecting the battery when you are going to sleep at nights or are going to be at some place for a long time so it wont discharge it i guess, but man that sounds like the alternator to me.... :x maybe a ground could have some effect on it too ? :x

1 - 6 of 6 Posts