Nissan Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have a few questions about how to set base timing on the Z24i motor in my 86.5 HB. I was just wondering what you have to do to set the base timing on this thing as i just did a lot of work on the ignition side of things including the dizzy. i think that 5 degrees on the stationary at operating temp, correct?? (that is what it says on the hood.)

i have searched on here and found a lot on the KA motors but nothing on the Z24 motors at all. and the chiltons manual that i have has nothing in it about how to set the base timing!! so any help would be great. thanks!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thank you sir.

so i dont have to do anything special to set the base timing??

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh i see.:rolleyes:

thanks!

·
Registered
706 Posts
have a few questions about how to set base timing on the Z24i motor in my 86.5 HB. I was just wondering what you have to do to set the base timing on this thing as i just did a lot of work on the ignition side of things including the dizzy. i think that 5 degrees on the stationary at operating temp, correct?? (that is what it says on the hood.)

i have searched on here and found a lot on the KA motors but nothing on the Z24 motors at all. and the chiltons manual that i have has nothing in it about how to set the base timing!! so any help would be great. thanks!!
Iwould get that timing light out and set it at least 10* btdc for that xtra pep! I got my cam degreed in at 3*advance and the ignition is set at 15* btdc. Start once it fully warmed and adjust it via your distributor loosen the two bolts and have at it! Of course you'll need to watch the crank pulley with a timing light...GL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts