Nissan Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
You ahve to guess...if the Spec has 175, the SE-R has 165. The Spec gives 144 to the wheels, so we'll just assume the SE-R gives about 130.

·
Registered
172 Posts
actually the WHP on the base SE-R is closer to the spec v. less power is used for the viscous LSD than the helical LSD so it comes out to pretty much the same thing and a couple simple mods and the base SE-R will put more to the ground than the Spec V. thus making it slightly faster due to it being a lighter car with the same power output (based on the drivers weighing about the same)

·
Registered
369 Posts
red SE-R said:
actually the WHP on the base SE-R is closer to the spec v. less power is used for the viscous LSD than the helical LSD so it comes out to pretty much the same thing and a couple simple mods and the base SE-R will put more to the ground than the Spec V. thus making it slightly faster due to it being a lighter car with the same power output (based on the drivers weighing about the same)
the base se-r is not that much lighter. Also the helical is well worth the power loss. I had a base se-r for a week before my spec v came in the power is comparable but the suspension on the spec v is much better.:cool:

J

·
0 Posts
Plus our Specs have 6 speeds to your 5 and therefore shorter gears, better for out of the hole!

H

·
0 Posts
Was nissan trying to lie?

To be honest im not all that impressed with the SE-R or v- spec. How in the hell does that much horsepower disapear into thin air? Its kinda like, ummmm..........nevermind. its still a nissan.

HSentra

N

·
0 Posts
whoa, what do u mean, "how does all that horsepower disappear into thin air" the spec v only loses about 30 hp. thats not bad at all when u sit down and think about it.....144 to the wheels, just add a HS CAI, headers, cat-back exhaust and you'd be pushing about 155-160 to the wheels, thats how much hp the new civic vtec si's have as base. thats not bad at all

D

·
0 Posts
I dyno'd my spec V with an AEM intake, Hotshot Header, and Custom 2.5" Stillen Exhaust

I put 161 whp and 165wtq

1 - 13 of 13 Posts