Nissan Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive ben looking at replacing my balljoints and ive seen that you can buy just the balljoints from certain places, I tihought that they had to come as a whole control arm unit. How can you just replace the bal joint. my bushings arent shit its just these shitty ass PA roads that are kiling my lowered car. thanks.

·
Registered
393 Posts
you use a press to press the old one, and replace it w/ the new one. i saw it on some hot rod show on speed channel. haha... even tho its a hot rod, im sure its the same priciple. plus, it wouldnt be very smart to design it where you replace the entire control arm, just cuz your balljoint shits out

·
Registered
451 Posts
Nissan only sells the control arm not the ball joint I replaced my bushings and had to replace the balljoint We used a ball joint seperator to get them out and a malet to put them in watch out for the wrong size balljoints I could only find the right size at Napa pretty pricey though

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
you mean you only rfeplaced the joint itself? was it a bitch scrappy?

·
Registered
451 Posts
yeah I put energy suspension bushings in so it would do no good to replace the control arm back to where I started it was a pita but a little patience when setting them in helps alot

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so you just used a seperator to press them out and set the new ones in and hammeredthe shit outta it then to get them in?

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
and wehre did you get the bushings from , i have a 96 200sx and im having a hell of a time finding the enegry suspen. bushings around here.

·
Registered
451 Posts
I ordered mine through motivational yeah I used aseperator to get the out and just hammered them back in making sure it went in equally on all sides

·
pay your rent!
601 Posts
i just hammered the shit out of them to get mine out, and hammered the shit out of them to get the new ones in.

·
Registered
205 Posts
yeah I put energy suspension bushings in so it would do no good to replace the control arm back to where I started it was a pita but a little patience when setting them in helps alot
I'd been thinking about replacing the entire set of bushings on the suspension with Energy Suspension's kit. How expensive was it and I know it didn't make a HUGE difference but did you notice anything right off with the switch?

·
Registered
451 Posts
I replaced the steering rack bushings the control arm bushings I had a pretty bad steering wheel vibration it basicly took that away

1 - 12 of 12 Posts