Nissan Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i was drivin to work today and all of a sudden, i get this stench that's smells like either a garbage disposal or i stepped on shit when i turn on the fan. so i turn it off cuz i thought it was the place i was drivin at. well i past the area and it smelled everytime i turned the fan on. it was such a shitty smell. i had no idea what it was. i popped the hood once i got to work to see what it could be and i was expecting a load of garbage or a bag of shit in there somewhere. i found nuthin and the smell lingered the next time i drove the car. a co-worker told me it must be the catalytic converter being broken in. i thought that was suppose to smell differently. what do u all think it is? i don't even feel like drivin the car no more.

·
Registered
354 Posts
if it smells like rotten eggs then it is probably your cat.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it ain't rotten eggs but i swear my car has a dead cat or sumthin under the hood. i checked again and i still can't find nuthin. at least the smell has gone away somewhat today. why the hell do i get all the weird shit happen to me? man!

·
Go Drift Alliance!
646 Posts
black se r said:
it ain't rotten eggs but i swear my car has a dead cat or sumthin under the hood. i checked again and i still can't find nuthin. at least the smell has gone away somewhat today. why the hell do i get all the weird shit happen to me? man!
If nothing else, if the smell comes back, take it back to the dealership and ask them to see what's up. Warranty should be good for it. ;)

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i had my car down at the dealer today...they said they found some bird feathers under the hood. i freakin ran over a bird? shit...

·
Registered
73 Posts
Not alone

I dunno dude, I just took my car on a business trip cuz they couldn't get me a loaner on short notice, and my car is starting to smell also. I drove over 500 miles in a 2 day span. My car has over 5000 miles now and at one point I thought it was just the area. I drove through NH, and Mass past Boston so I didn't think twice. Well on my return trip it hit me a couple times...DAMN smells like someone crapped themselves. I always steer clear of roadkill of course so I don't know. I am gonna throw it up on the lift after work tonight and see whats up. :mad:

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
there's a very slight comfort to know i'm not the only one but man i tell ya, that smell is horrible huh? the people at the dealer said if there is a dead animal stuck in there somewhere, the damage to the car is not covered by the warranty. but then they said they'll give me 5 day span to see what happens and they're willing to do some work if needed. i don't know if ur smell is the same is mine but mine smelled like a decomposing animal. i hope u don't got the same thing

·
Registered
106 Posts
GHSER7 said:
Next time opens the windows before you drop ass. lol (j/k)

Yeah; dead + animal = really smelly

It's sux b/c it ruins the "new car smell"

HAHAHAHAHA

Save yourself some money! Jack the car up and get to scraping! Then if anything is damaged see if they'll fix it for free.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts