Nissan Forum banner

Bad Rear ABS Booster

1K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  Spankyzbt 
Does the assembly have a relay on it anywhere? The ABS actuators on the Q45's tend to act up exactly as you describe, and it is always a stuck relay that causes it.

Good luck!

Heath

I just did a little bit of crawling around under the truck and looking at the service manual. The actuator does not appear to have a relay mounted on it like the Q45. From a look at the service manual, there is no independent relay.

I think it's very possible that your problem could be an issue with the control unit vs. the actuator itself. It's located under the seat on the driver's side (according to the service manual).

I would download the factory service manual at PhatG20.net and read over all of the ABS information in the BR section. You will download a .rar file - so you'll need to google to find the decompression software that will get you to the .pdf

The oldest FSM they have there is for the '96, but hopefully it will be similar to the '95 as far as the ABS goes. There is a great deal of information there including some diagnostics you can do yourself.

Good luck!

Heath

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.