Nissan Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone...

Been awhile since I last posted...

After I cut the engine, sometimes, I get a vibrating noise from the back pass side. I'm pretty sure it's the rear ABS booster that's gone bad. Anyone been able to find a replacement or able to fix theirs? They are back ordered EVERYWHERE here in NY. I think it's really hampering my braking ability. Which isn't a good thing with our brakes already not being hot stuff.

Any info would be greatly appreciated....

·
Master Shake
641 Posts
Does the assembly have a relay on it anywhere? The ABS actuators on the Q45's tend to act up exactly as you describe, and it is always a stuck relay that causes it.

Good luck!

Heath

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so you replaced the relay to the acuator? not the 'actual' acuator? sorry bad joke?

please expand on above!!

Also if anyone else has upgraded FRONT brakes to something like Wellwood, etc...not pads but entire assembly

thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bump....

Just wanted to see if any other HB owner has this issue with the Rear Brakes ABS Acuator?

OR anyone upgrade their brake system? Other than the rear disc conversion?

thanks

·
Master Shake
641 Posts
I just did a little bit of crawling around under the truck and looking at the service manual. The actuator does not appear to have a relay mounted on it like the Q45. From a look at the service manual, there is no independent relay.

I think it's very possible that your problem could be an issue with the control unit vs. the actuator itself. It's located under the seat on the driver's side (according to the service manual).

I would download the factory service manual at PhatG20.net and read over all of the ABS information in the BR section. You will download a .rar file - so you'll need to google to find the decompression software that will get you to the .pdf

The oldest FSM they have there is for the '96, but hopefully it will be similar to the '95 as far as the ABS goes. There is a great deal of information there including some diagnostics you can do yourself.

Good luck!

Heath

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I appreciate the link. DL the FSM for the 2000 Xterra as well. For my dad. this is great
thanks

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You wouldn't happen to know of a site like this that would have a Jeep Wrangler FSM?

I can't find an e-copy of a 89 Wrangler FSM ANYWHERE

I know it's a stab in the dark, but worth trying : )

thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts